Win a copy of Learn Spring Security (video course) this week in the Spring forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Eclipse project problem

 
Frank Serkland
Ranch Hand
Posts: 106
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have a problem running Eclipse. I have a Java class which compiled and ran correctly using Textpad. If it means anything, I'm using the Swing classes and Windows XP. I'm now trying to run it in Eclipse Helios. I set up a Java project, then I created a new class and cut and pasted the source code of my class. When I try to run the class, I get this message:



Any clues out there?
 
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 24208
35
Chrome Eclipse IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Did you create a project named "Java programs" at any point? Did you have a project by that name at some point?
 
Frank Serkland
Ranch Hand
Posts: 106
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ernest Friedman-Hill wrote:Did you create a project named "Java programs" at any point? Did you have a project by that name at some point?


Yes, I did. Here is my file structure.

 
Srikanth Kumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 36
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Your file structure does not have a project named "Java programs".
 
Frank Serkland
Ranch Hand
Posts: 106
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Srikanth Kumar wrote:Your file structure does not have a project named "Java programs".


Okay, I thought I'd done that. How do I create a project in Eclipse?
 
Frank Serkland
Ranch Hand
Posts: 106
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Frank Serkland wrote:
Srikanth Kumar wrote:Your file structure does not have a project named "Java programs".


Okay, I thought I'd done that. How do I create a project in Eclipse?


Never mind, I just figured it out, and everything is working now.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic