File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Android and the fly likes  Could not find HelloAndroid.apk! Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Mobile » Android
Bookmark " Could not find HelloAndroid.apk!" Watch " Could not find HelloAndroid.apk!" New topic
Author

Could not find HelloAndroid.apk!

Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2008
Posts: 689

Hi,

I am new in Android. I have created HelloAndroid sample application when I tried to run application using right click on project as a Android application application gives error

[2010-09-20 16:23:06 - HelloAndroid] Could not find HelloAndroid.apk!


Please let me know what is the problem in my Application..


Thanks, Nishan Patel
SCJP 1.5, SCWCD 1.5, OCPJWSD Java Developer,My Blog
Lester Burnham
Rancher

Joined: Oct 14, 2008
Posts: 1337
*Is* there a file called HelloAndroid.apk somewhere? Maybe you're only compiling, but not actually linking/bundling the code into an .apk file.
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2008
Posts: 689

Lester Burnham wrote:*Is* there a file called HelloAndroid.apk somewhere? Maybe you're only compiling, but not actually linking/bundling the code into an .apk file.


I don't know.. but I don't think project contain any .apk file..
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2008
Posts: 689

I don't know but once I close the eclipse and again start and run the application it is working fine now...

Please close the topic. I got fixed the problem...
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2008
Posts: 689

Nishan Patel wrote:I don't know but once I close the eclipse and again start and run the application it is working fine now...

Please close the topic. I got fixed the problem...




I don't know I got the same problem again... can any one please let me know why I get such error and I am not able to run application...
Lester Burnham
Rancher

Joined: Oct 14, 2008
Posts: 1337
My previous post still applies.
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2008
Posts: 689

Hi,

I have resolve the issue by declare the PATH variable to
{SDK_Home}/tools/
. Now when I am trying to run apllication try to install the immultor but after that I am having another error and unable to launch the application.

Error :

[2010-09-21 14:07:37 - HelloAndroid] Failed to install HelloAndroid.apk on device 'emulator-5554!
[2010-09-21 14:07:37 - HelloAndroid] (null)
[2010-09-21 14:07:37 - HelloAndroid] Launch canceled!


is there any thing I missed out.. ? please let me know....
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2008
Posts: 689

I have fixed this problem. Actually I am using RAD for Android application. While I have change RAD to Eclipse 3.5 I am able to run android application successfully.
Sekhar Karri
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 27, 2010
Posts: 1
Nishan Patel wrote:I have fixed this problem. Actually I am using RAD for Android application. While I have change RAD to Eclipse 3.5 I am able to run android application successfully.


HI Nishan,
I am New to Android App Dev. i am Getting the Below Error , when try to run the app HelloAndroid from the Book "Hello Android 3rd Edition".
This is the Error :

[2010-09-27 21:59:33 - HelloAndroid] Automatic Target Mode: launching new emulator with compatible AVD 'ems22'
[2010-09-27 21:59:33 - HelloAndroid] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'ems22'
[2010-09-27 21:59:38 - HelloAndroid] New emulator found: emulator-5554
[2010-09-27 21:59:38 - HelloAndroid] Waiting for HOME ('android.process.acore') to be launched...
[2010-09-27 22:01:19 - HelloAndroid] HOME is up on device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-27 22:01:19 - HelloAndroid] Uploading HelloAndroid.apk onto device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-27 22:01:20 - HelloAndroid] Installing HelloAndroid.apk...
[2010-09-27 22:03:58 - HelloAndroid] Failed to install HelloAndroid.apk on device 'emulator-5554!
[2010-09-27 22:03:58 - HelloAndroid] (null)
[2010-09-27 22:03:59 - HelloAndroid] Launch canceled!

i think you also got the same error . Can you please help me How to Fix this .?
Thanks,
Sekhar

zoheb hassan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 01, 2009
Posts: 153

Hey Sekhar, Just shut down the emulator and the IDE and relaunch the application once again, I think that it should do the trick
Abbas Sutarwala
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 11, 2010
Posts: 1
Hello.

I tried the following when I got the problem and then it worked:
I got a message "Failed to install HelloWorld3.apk on device emulator-5554

Solution that worked for me:
In Eclipse go to Window -> Android SDK and AVD Manager ->
create a new AVD (Android Virtual Device)
when I gave the name as em22 which was the name I had given
earlier, I got a problem so I gave the name as em23
SD Card size as 128 MB.

Then it worked!


Sekhar Karri wrote:
Nishan Patel wrote:I have fixed this problem. Actually I am using RAD for Android application. While I have change RAD to Eclipse 3.5 I am able to run android application successfully.


HI Nishan,
I am New to Android App Dev. i am Getting the Below Error , when try to run the app HelloAndroid from the Book "Hello Android 3rd Edition".
This is the Error :

[2010-09-27 21:59:33 - HelloAndroid] Automatic Target Mode: launching new emulator with compatible AVD 'ems22'
[2010-09-27 21:59:33 - HelloAndroid] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'ems22'
[2010-09-27 21:59:38 - HelloAndroid] New emulator found: emulator-5554
[2010-09-27 21:59:38 - HelloAndroid] Waiting for HOME ('android.process.acore') to be launched...
[2010-09-27 22:01:19 - HelloAndroid] HOME is up on device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-27 22:01:19 - HelloAndroid] Uploading HelloAndroid.apk onto device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-27 22:01:20 - HelloAndroid] Installing HelloAndroid.apk...
[2010-09-27 22:03:58 - HelloAndroid] Failed to install HelloAndroid.apk on device 'emulator-5554!
[2010-09-27 22:03:58 - HelloAndroid] (null)
[2010-09-27 22:03:59 - HelloAndroid] Launch canceled!

i think you also got the same error . Can you please help me How to Fix this .?
Thanks,
Sekhar

 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
 
subject: Could not find HelloAndroid.apk!