I need to design a sequence diagram for table filter mechanism.
I have got a page which lists all the Certifications a person have. The table contails a filter on Certification Id. On selection of the certification id from drop down, i need to show the list of the certification for the selected certification.
I am confused with the flow. I am typically using Action servlet, action class and a delegate and DynaForm. All the business logic will be in a delegate.
Can anyone help me in understanding the flow of the activity???
The purpose of Struts is to abstract away the nitty-gritty details of the request-response cycle so I don't quite understand why you would want to include details of the Struts flow in what seems to be a diagram specific to your business. If anything, I would treat Struts as a black box:
1. Client: selects an item and submits request
2. Struts: process incoming request
3. Action: examine ActionForm and calls delegate method with appropriate parameters.
4. Delegate: processes the filter request
5. Action: receives results from delegate and populates ActionForm accordingly
6. Action: returns the appropriate ActionForward
7. Struts: processes ActionForward and response
8. Client: views response
If you really want to detail out #2 above:
#2 Details: invoke the following in order: instantiate ActionForm (if necessary or if form is in request scope), ActionForm.reset(), populate ActionForm fields from matching request parameters, ActionForm.validate() if validate is true in struts-config, Action.execute() [ May 13, 2005: Message edited by: Junilu Lacar ]