This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
30 x PHP Developers Urgently Needed - Do you want to live in Barcelona or Madrid?
(Relocation expenses and travel paid)
Based in Madrid and Barcelona our fast growing client is seeking talented junior and senior engineers with OOP and API experience to join their Frontend Engineering teams in Madrid and Barcelona. These teams develop and maintain all parts of the application stack that touch a web browser, covering the full communication flow between the end user and the Backend API. Frontend engineers are the engineers who are closest to the product development of our client. Interaction with the product management team and user support personnel is part of the daily work.
Our clients web properties are used by millions of users daily, with all kinds of behavioral patterns, computer setups, etc. If there is a flaw in the product or the code, a vast number of users will encounter it. A frontend engineer must feel the need to build a product that works fast and flawlessly, be passionate about eliminating any problems as soon as they are discovered, and take pride in doing so.
• implement and maintain automated tests of the user interface
• write PHP-doc style documentation of all methods and classes implemented
• analyse and eliminate security vulnerabilities
• debug issues on the web and mobile websites, based on user reports
• participate in product development and feature design processes
• extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture (preferably in PHP; Java/C# acceptable)
• enjoy experimenting with new browser technologies, user interfaces, and 3rd-party APIs
• 1-2+ years experience with rich web applications
• strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• ability to plan work, set timelines and execute to plan
• familiarity with using, troubleshooting, and specifying APIs
• BA/BS or higher (MSc, PhD) academic degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science
• will to participate in code stabilization and release schedules
• fluency in written and spoken English
• pro-active personality
Junior through to senior applicants considered.
Salaries 40k-70k Euros plus bonus and healthcare benefits.
Relocation expense paid.
EU applicants only.
2 flights home per annum.
Spanish lessons - optional,
Bank account set up,
Tax advice (Ex pat rate 24%)
1. 2 hour code test 2. 2 telephone interviews
3. 1 day long interview in Madrid-travel expenses paid.