We´re migrating some applications from Tomcat 5 to Tomcat 6 but I'm having some problems with the new environment. First, let me explain how our current environment works and how it's configured.
- The user authentication begins on a Java application running on Tomcat but is actually done on a Lotus Domino server. This process is transparent for the user;
- When the authentication completes a token is created for the user, the token is stored as a cookie on the Tomcat user's session and the user has access to the main Java application. The token object is of type LtpaToken;
- On the Java application there's a link by which the user can access his emails. The user's mailbox is on a Lotus Notes server so the link takes the user to that server. As the user already has a LtpaToken the Notes server recognizes him as authenticated so no credentials are required;
- The classes responsible for Tomcat communicating with the Lotus Domino server are packaged on a jar file named NCSO.jar. This file is provided by IBM;
- The LtpaToken is packaged (along with other classes) on a jar file named domino.jar. This file is generated by us;
- The NCSO.jar file is deployed on the $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib directory;
- The domino.jar file is deployed on the $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib directory;
- The Apache version is 2.2.3 and Tomcat version is 5.5.25;
Now, I'm configuring a new server with Apache 2.2.14 and Tomcat 6.0.28. Almost everything is working fine but when the user tries to access his mailbox the Lotus Notes server is not recognizing him as authenticated and is asking for his credentials. It's behaving as if there's no LtpaToken for that user but there is; I can see it by inspecting the cookies by the apropriated browser option.
I deployed the NCSO.jar and domino.jar files on the $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory as there's no shared/lib directory on Tomcat 6. The authentication is taking place without any errors so I think the NCSO.jar and domino.jar files are "visible" to the applications. Besides putting these files on the $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory, do I need to do any other configuration settings?
I'm suspecting there's some problem with the LtpaToken cookie creation but I don't know where the problem can be.
Does anyone have idea of what can be causing this problem?
I thank you very much in advance.
subject: Possible Cookie Creation Problem on Tomcat 6