the trailboss abuses his CodeRanch power for his other stuff (power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely is kinda neat!)
permaculture light bulbs permaculture electric heat permaculture cast iron permaculture wood burning stove permaculture solar food dehydrators
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Paul no more Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide 1Z0-808 this week in the OCAJP forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Paul no more" Watch "Paul no more" New topic
Author

Paul no more

Soumyajit Hazra
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 26, 2007
Posts: 136
Paul the 'psychic' World Cup octopus dead. We'll miss you. Paul No More


Java Programmer | SCJP 1.5 | SCWCD 1.4
Hussein Baghdadi
clojure forum advocate
Bartender

Joined: Nov 08, 2003
Posts: 3479

Rest In Peace.
I wish they asked him what will happen to Java before he left this world.
Arun Kumarr
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 16, 2005
Posts: 513

It would have said, I'm no oracle.


If you are not laughing at yourself, then you just didn't get the joke.
Jesper de Jong
Java Cowboy
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Aug 16, 2005
Posts: 14493
    
  23

John Todd wrote:I wish they asked him what will happen to Java before he left this world.

Ask the Oracle...


Java Beginners FAQ - JavaRanch SCJP FAQ - The Java Tutorial - Java SE 8 API documentation
Jesper de Jong
Java Cowboy
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Aug 16, 2005
Posts: 14493
    
  23

This morning on the news here they had a "funny" topic about this. The reporter was in a zoo, asking the animal caretakers which animal should now take the role for predicting events. They asked a camel, a monkey, a rhinoceros and other animals to predict the outcome of a soccer match. Let's see which one is the most accurate...

Which animal do you think would be best suited?
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6662
    
    5

Jesper Young wrote:This morning on the news here they had a "funny" topic about this. The reporter was in a zoo, asking the animal caretakers which animal should now take the role for predicting events. They asked a camel, a monkey, a rhinoceros and other animals to predict the outcome of a soccer match. Let's see which one is the most accurate...

Which animal do you think would be best suited?


I give in. Which one ?


SCJP 6 articles - SCJP 5/6 mock exams - More SCJP Mocks
Wouter Oet
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Oct 25, 2008
Posts: 2700

Screw that octopus. He picked the wrong country to win the final


"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand." --- Martin Fowler
Please correct my English.
Hussein Baghdadi
clojure forum advocate
Bartender

Joined: Nov 08, 2003
Posts: 3479

Wouter Oet wrote:Screw that octopus. He picked the wrong country to win the final

The best team won
Paul Clapham
Bartender

Joined: Oct 14, 2005
Posts: 19119
    
    8

Wouter Oet wrote:Screw that octopus. He picked the wrong country to win the final


It's your fault for not having yellow in your flag.
Wouter Oet
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Oct 25, 2008
Posts: 2700

I guess we should have kicked more players on the chest
Jesper de Jong
Java Cowboy
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Aug 16, 2005
Posts: 14493
    
  23

Deepak Bala wrote:I give in. Which one ?

It's not a quiz, I'm just asking for your opinion...
 
wood burning stoves
 
subject: Paul no more