This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Please help to prepare my self in correct way so I can switch my career to finance domain.
Let me give brief background about me,
- Right now I am preparing my self for SCJP 5.0 exam
- I have very good java background(3 years experience) but I mostly working on web sites. So when I go for any interview when they ask me some java questions in detail I cannot able to give them an answer because I don't have that kind of experience.
- For me the problems are,
1) What should I need to learn to go in Java Finance domain?
2) What is the best I can prepare my self in Java domain in order to fulfill the requirement for finance domain.
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "switch"? What domain are you in now? It sounds like you are just starting out.
There's two parts. For technical knowledge, finance uses a lot of web apps/MQ/web services and some use fat clients. You also need business knowledge if you are targeting a specific domain.
First of all, Thanks for your reply.
My meaning is that, Right now I am working as a Java web developer and I want to go in Finance domain(Like Banking, Insurance) to work as Java developer in finance domain.
- For me when I see the job description they are asking that you should have some domain knowledge in order to get that job.
- Where can I get these information, Is there any courses are available in market from where I can get little information about this.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com