This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
I'm trying to deploy a topic in JBOSS 5.1 and getting a NameNotFoundException with topic name not bound message.
Below are the extracts from the XML config files. Any ideas on what I might be missing or going wrong?
(FYI: I'm porting our application from JBoss 4.0.3 to 5.1)
I noticed that the JNDI name for the bean is NULL. I was wondering if that might be the root cause?
1) Post the entire exception stacktrace
2) MDBs are not bound to JNDI, so they don't have a jndi-name
3) Whatever is looking up that topic JNDI name is probably doing it before the topic is deployed. So looks like a deployment ordering issue.
Ananth Vasudevan wrote:Any ideas from the stack trace above?
I haven't yet paid complete attention to that stacktrace. For one, you seem to be creating the topics through your code?
Ananth Vasudevan wrote:
Also moved my messaging-destinations.xml to all/deploy and all/deploy/messaging directory. Still I have the problem.
Is it really named messaging-destinations.xml? Your first post mentioned it as destination-service.xml, so I didn't talk about it. If it's named messaging-destinations.xml, then it won't be deployed. It has to be named *-service.xml.
Joined: Sep 30, 2010
Sorry, my bad. the name is destinations-service.xml (NOT messaging-destinations.xml).
Yes, my code reads the topic name from the jboss-service.xml (TopicsJNDINames attribute) and then creates the topic:
It seems your topic is secured. Try after removing these two attributes.
Joined: Sep 30, 2010
Hi Ravikanth, et al
My topic needs to be secured and when I programatically load those topics, I need to use the username and password.
I changed the postgresql-persistence-service.xml and added the following insert statements in the "SqlProperties" attribute under the
After restarting the JBoss server the topics started loading.
Even though I manually inserted user name, password and role into my database before, it did not work. Adding the insert statements in the
postgresql-persistence-service.xml seems to work. I'm not sure, if this is the right way to go.