aspose file tools*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes how can we assign a text in front text. Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "how can we assign a text in front text." Watch "how can we assign a text in front text." New topic
Author

how can we assign a text in front text.

Dhanushanth Dhanu
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Posts: 16

normally we can add any string through concat behind the text
but my question is how can we add any string in front of the text?
like i need an out put like this "break Helloworld"
please any one give me an answer.
Abimaran Kugathasan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 04, 2009
Posts: 2066

Did you find any method in the String API? You should try to make your own method.


|BSc in Electronic Eng| |SCJP 6.0 91%| |SCWCD 5 92%|
Ankit Garg
Sheriff

Joined: Aug 03, 2008
Posts: 9313
    
  17

String objects are immutable i.e. they are not meant to be modified in the way you want. This is why there are StringBuffer and StringBuilder classes...


SCJP 6 | SCWCD 5 | Javaranch SCJP FAQ | SCWCD Links
Dhanushanth Dhanu
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Posts: 16
Abimaran Kugathasan wrote:Did you find any method in the String API? You should try to make your own method.

no sir i didn't see any method for that but what I'm asking is do we have any keyword for that like concat()
Dhanushanth Dhanu
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Posts: 16
Ankit Garg wrote:String objects are immutable i.e. they are not meant to be modified in the way you want. This is why there are StringBuffer and StringBuilder classes...

Yes sir i know that string objects are immutable.so can we do that with StringBuffer or StringBuilder classes? i mean that what i asked above
Abimaran Kugathasan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 04, 2009
Posts: 2066

Dhanushanth Dhanu wrote:no sir i didn't see any method for that but what I'm asking is do we have any keyword for that like concat()

cancat() isn't a keyword, it's a method of String class. And have a look on this method of StringBuffer class
Dhanushanth Dhanu
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Posts: 16
Abimaran Kugathasan wrote:
Dhanushanth Dhanu wrote:no sir i didn't see any method for that but what I'm asking is do we have any keyword for that like concat()

cancat() isn't a keyword, it's a method of String class. And have a look on this method of StringBuffer class


thank you sir.
Ankit Garg
Sheriff

Joined: Aug 03, 2008
Posts: 9313
    
  17

For god's sake don't call me sir
Simone Aiello
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posts: 22
Dhanushanth Dhanu wrote:
normally we can add any string through concat behind the text
but my question is how can we add any string in front of the text?
like i need an out put like this "break Helloworld"
please any one give me an answer.


Did you try with

?


The important is not what you know, but when you know it...
Abimaran Kugathasan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 04, 2009
Posts: 2066

Ankit Garg wrote:For god's sake don't call me sir

I repeat it!
 
wood burning stoves
 
subject: how can we assign a text in front text.