This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
I am considering to use javafx but I need some advice before I start.
1) I am using javafx to display a web page. I am using it to display videos in MPEG-1, 2 and 4 part 10 formats. Audio is required. I am required to play the videos without any user intervention. I need to play several videos one after another, repeating the cycle, also without user intervention. I also need to replace the video with an image file and after a number of seconds, play a video again.
2) I also need to display a ticker tape/scrolling text on screen.
3) I need to display images of jpeg, png and gif formats, one after another, also without user intervention.
4) I need to display all of the above with x-y position options, that means I specify the position on the web page and the size of the videos, images and scrolling text.
5) I need to display the images, videos and text on the same webpage all at the same time.
2-5 are not a problem; you can do a lot of animated stuff with timers. Not sure about 1 though; the timing is dependent on the length of the videos. Unless you want to hard code these you'll need to have a listener of some kind that will start the next one once the previous one ended.