Win a copy of Mesos in Action this week in the Cloud/Virtualizaton forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Delay in getting Offer letter

 
sonalika kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am a software engineer .I have been told 3 days back by recruiting team from 1 of the MNC that i have been selected but till now i have not received offer letter. I called them they said its salary issue but i dont think so because salary i asked them is normal salary in that MNC. I have told them that I have 1 more offer in hand which is giving me more than what i am asking from them but still due to company domain i want to join that company. Initially recruiter says that other company is gud as they are offering more but after i showed him my interest in their company he says he will get back by tomorrow, but he didnot contacted me back. Now the thing is that i am expecting less than what i have asked for and may be they dont come back means i am confused how to go for that. I am interested in joining this company but with minimum salary i have asked them.
1.How should i negotiate in case they come back with less salary.
2.what should be my next step in case they dont follow up.
need advice
 
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff
Pie
Posts: 48966
60
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Welcome to the Ranch

I would have thought it would take more like three weeks than three days to get a full offer letter out. If, however, there are issues about the salary, you should contact the personnel department and ask them to explain the problem fully.
If they have offered you a particular salary, they ought to stick to that. If you have told them you wish to accept their offer, you should do your best to fulfil that promise. Don't turn them down unless they do something very bad.
 
sonalika kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
On the day of interview only they have asked me to sign 1 form where they have asked my current CTC , I told them that in few months i b getting more they asked me to write that also. and then asked my expected CTC and if i have any other offer in-hand. that time i said i have no offer and told them my expected ctc he checks my cmpny and clg name there itself and told his offer and then he himself said that its less than what i am expecting and said that he needs to check and let me know. But after 3 days where over i called and asked him he said its salary issue and he will check and get back at that time i said i have other offer which is paying more but still i wanna work with your cmpny but with my expected CTC . My expected CTC is double my current CTC and what they are offering is (my current CTC + 30% of my current CTC). They also know that i want to relocate where there cmpny is.
 
Henry Wong
author
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 21121
78
C++ Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java jQuery Linux VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sonalika kulkarni wrote:
1.How should i negotiate in case they come back with less salary.
2.what should be my next step in case they dont follow up.
need advice


Well... negotiations does require two interested parties, and a comprise range that overlap. If the company isn't interested, because you are out of their range, then they may simply decide that there isn't any point in negotiating.

You can't make them followup if they are not interested.

Henry

 
sonalika kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hey henry then in that case will h.r. still says that he will check and get back or will he simply says no. because not saying no is something that makes it complex and restricting me to go for negociation.
 
Lester Burnham
Rancher
Posts: 1337
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
While it would be nice to assume that the HR folks will say what they intend to do, and do what they say they will do, fact is - it doesn't always work out like that, sometimes intentionally, sometimes unintentionally.

I'd advise to wait as long as you can (meaning, as long as you don't have to make a decision regarding the other company). Unless they specifically say to contact them sooner, wait at least a week between being in touch. And finally, don't make it sound as if the decision hinges completely on the CTC; companies don't like to hear that, and they don't like to hire employees who think that way.
 
Henry Wong
author
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 21121
78
C++ Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java jQuery Linux VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sonalika kulkarni wrote:Hey henry then in that case will h.r. still says that he will check and get back or will he simply says no. because not saying no is something that makes it complex and restricting me to go for negociation.


Unfortunately, not responding seems to be getting common these days. I once spent over a month, going through 5 rounds of interviews, and in the end, the company just stopped all communications. I personally find it a bit unprofessional, but what can you do?

It's really not fair making a company (that made an offer) wait for a company that didn't. At a certain point, you will have to make a decision, without all the information.

Henry
 
Jimmy Clark
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2187
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'd bet that hiring computer programmers was a lot easier before the World Wide Web was created.
 
sonalika kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Lester Burnham wrote:
I'd advise to wait as long as you can (meaning, as long as you don't have to make a decision regarding the other company). Unless they specifically say to contact them sooner, wait at least a week between being in touch. And finally, don't make it sound as if the decision hinges completely on the CTC; companies don't like to hear that, and they don't like to hire employees who think that way.

But the thing is that i don't want to loose this opportunity of joining this MNC also if i call them again then it means i am ready to join at package they are offering so my negociation chances will be less. and in case i dont call them then they may hire someone else so i b loosing my ticket there. What should be the best way to go for.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34410
346
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sonalika kulkarni wrote:[if i call them again then it means i am ready to join at package they are offering so my negociation chances will be less.

Well are you? Are you willing to join at the package they are offering? You have to know this to be able to negotiate.
 
sonalika kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:
Well are you? Are you willing to join at the package they are offering? You have to know this to be able to negotiate.

yes i am because the cmpny is gud but i dont want to sound like one, i wanna go for little negotiation. What should be my move to take ball little in my court. your suggestion will be helpful as this is my first chance to go for negotiation.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34410
346
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The reason I asked is it influences how much you push. If you are willing to take the offer, it is a good idea to contact them and try to negotiate so you don't lose out. If you have something else and don't care, you can wait and let them come to you. You sound like you fall in the former category.
 
sonalika kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks all of you for advice and concern. Will update you if i am able to negociate and get offer.
 
Sumit Bisht
Ranch Hand
Posts: 331
Python Ruby Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Good luck!
Do post your experiences.
 
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff
Pie
Posts: 48966
60
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sonalika kulkarni wrote:Thanks all of you . . .
You're welcome
 
sonalika kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hey after taking with H.R. I made a negociation and he approves and send me the salary structure which I have accepted may receive offer letter in 1-2 days. Thanks coderanch rocks
 
Sanjeev P Kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 20
Eclipse IDE Google Web Toolkit Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sonalika kulkarni wrote:Hey after taking with H.R. I made a negociation and he approves and send me the salary structure which I have accepted may receive offer letter in 1-2 days. Thanks coderanch rocks


Even I am going through the same situation. Initially when I had been interviewed, I have demanded some good package for which the HR said ok. Later I have received an email stating some package which I didn't even imagined. Again I have contacted the HR and discussed and did the negotiation and came down little down. Then after that I have received a detailed breakdown salary structure and was told that will receive the offer letter within 48 hours. But even after one week of follow-ups I didn't received my offer letter.

So kindly give your valuable suggestions on the action to be taken.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
Sanjeev Kulkarni
 
Sumit Patil
Ranch Hand
Posts: 296
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Is this practice of not replying back to the candidate getting common these days?
I had an interview with a company in Feb and after a week or so, i got a call from the HR saying that i have cleared the interview. HR also asked me to email the required documents, but till date after numerous emails and calls i haven't got any response from them. The company i am talking about is a very well established company.
 
Sanjeev P Kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 20
Eclipse IDE Google Web Toolkit Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sumit Patil wrote:Is this practice of not replying back to the candidate getting common these days?
I had an interview with a company in Feb and after a week or so, i got a call from the HR saying that i have cleared the interview. HR also asked me to email the required documents, but till date after numerous emails and calls i haven't got any response from them. The company i am talking about is a very well established company.



Hi Sumit,

Same with me the company is really very good that is why I am keeping my patience and following up wisely. Daily I will send at least one email to the concerned person and will be calling once after sending email. So keeping the communications with the personals. Let me see and update later..

Warm Regards,
Sanjeev Kulkarni
 
Sumit Patil
Ranch Hand
Posts: 296
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sanjeev P Kulkarni wrote:
Hi Sumit,
Same with me the company is really very good that is why I am keeping my patience and following up wisely.


Well Sanjeev, i was running out of patience, so joined a different company. I think they should have been more professional.
All the best to you.
 
Sanjeev P Kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 20
Eclipse IDE Google Web Toolkit Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sumit Patil wrote:
Sanjeev P Kulkarni wrote:
Hi Sumit,
Same with me the company is really very good that is why I am keeping my patience and following up wisely.


Well Sanjeev, i was running out of patience, so joined a different company. I think they should have been more professional.
All the best to you.


Hi All finally I have received the offer letter from the said company. All you need is to keep your temper and work well and you will get the desired...
 
Sumit Patil
Ranch Hand
Posts: 296
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Well it was a no-time-to-waste kind of situation for me.
Anyways Congratulation
 
vijaya kaja
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Ranchers,


Recently i clear all technical & HR discussions with one good MNC.i submitted my experience & payslips.but still now they didn't release the offer letter.when i contact with concern person,he is saying like we will give a cal today or tommarow.still now i called 2 them 3 times,but they gave me the same response(cal you today or tomarrow),but still now,i didn't get any cal from them.almost it is 3 weeks over from that discussions.

I think there are no issues regarding to the salary as i am asking their organizational norms only.is there any issues abort from salary.please suggest me the best way to deal with them as i have more zeal with that organization(because of working challenges,growth,culture etc).

please suggest me.

 
Sanjeev P Kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 20
Eclipse IDE Google Web Toolkit Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sumit Patil wrote:Well it was a no-time-to-waste kind of situation for me.
Anyways Congratulation



Thanks Sumit...All the Best...
 
Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic