File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Web Component Certification (SCWCD/OCPJWCD) and the fly likes How is the new Java EE 6 (CX-311-085) exam different from SCWCD 5 ? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Web Component Certification (SCWCD/OCPJWCD)
Bookmark "How is the new Java EE 6 (CX-311-085) exam different from SCWCD 5 ?" Watch "How is the new Java EE 6 (CX-311-085) exam different from SCWCD 5 ?" New topic
Author

How is the new Java EE 6 (CX-311-085) exam different from SCWCD 5 ?

Rene Puchinger
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 30, 2010
Posts: 76

Hello,

I consider to start learning for SCWCD, but I think, that it would be better to try the new exam OCE JSP & Servlet Java EE 6 Programmer - it will be probably released soon. Does anybody here tried the beta version of this exam? How does it differ from the older, SCWCD exam? I read somewhere, that there is a newer Servlet and JSP API in this new exam. Does it differ much from the older exam? I searched for some books on Amazon and have not found anything for the new exam. Do you think, that learning from some book for SCWCD 5 is sufficient to pass the new exam?

Any suggestions are welcomed,
Rene


http://renepuchinger.com
Piotr Nowicki
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Posts: 610

I am currently aiming for the new JSP & Servlet's exam as well. I'm preparing by reading K&B Head First book for JEE 5 and after it (3/4 already read) I will look at the new JEE 6 documentation which you can download from Oracle or JCP pages.

I think that this combination of knowledge should be quite sufficient :-) I am also waiting for the new mock exams from Enthuware.


OCP Java SE 6 Programmer, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, OCE Java EE 6 JSPSD, OCE Java EE 6 EJBD, OCE Java EE 6 JPAD, Spring 3.0 Core Professional.
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3178
    
    3
Rene Puchinger wrote:Hello,

I consider to start learning for SCWCD, but I think, that it would be better to try the new exam OCE JSP & Servlet Java EE 6 Programmer - it will be probably released soon. Does anybody here tried the beta version of this exam? How does it differ from the older, SCWCD exam? I read somewhere, that there is a newer Servlet and JSP API in this new exam. Does it differ much from the older exam? I searched for some books on Amazon and have not found anything for the new exam. Do you think, that learning from some book for SCWCD 5 is sufficient to pass the new exam?

Any suggestions are welcomed,
Rene


Servlet 3.0 specification will be the best book for preparation for the new JEE6 exam + JSP 2.2 spec + EL 2.2 spec.

You can download PDFs from this page.

HTH,
MZ


Free SCDJWS 5.0 Study Guide - SCDJWS 5.0 Quiz (How to get SCDJWS 5.0 Quiz)
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert Exam Study Guide and Quiz
Rene Puchinger
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 30, 2010
Posts: 76

Mikalai Zaikin wrote:
Servlet 3.0 specification will be the best book for preparation for the new JEE6 exam + JSP 2.2 spec + EL 2.2 spec.

You can download PDFs from this page.

HTH,
MZ


Mikalai, thank you for a suggestion. Do you think, that the Servlet 3.0 specification differs much from the older specification (which is on SCWCD 5 exam)?
Rene Puchinger
Ranch Hand

Joined: Nov 30, 2010
Posts: 76

Pedro Kowalski wrote:I am currently aiming for the new JSP & Servlet's exam as well. I'm preparing by reading K&B Head First book for JEE 5 and after it (3/4 already read) I will look at the new JEE 6 documentation which you can download from Oracle or JCP pages.

I think that this combination of knowledge should be quite sufficient :-) I am also waiting for the new mock exams from Enthuware.


Pedro, thank you for a suggestion. This is roughly what I thought I will do.
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3178
    
    3
Rene Puchinger wrote:
Mikalai Zaikin wrote:
Servlet 3.0 specification will be the best book for preparation for the new JEE6 exam + JSP 2.2 spec + EL 2.2 spec.

You can download PDFs from this page.

HTH,
MZ


Mikalai, thank you for a suggestion. Do you think, that the Servlet 3.0 specification differs much from the older specification (which is on SCWCD 5 exam)?


Yes, Servlet 3.0 differs from Servlet 2.3 specification as much as EJB 2.1 differs from EJB 3.0 (EJB 3.1):

* Now servlets supports JavaSE5 annotations
* web.xml is optional - servlet names and mappings defined via annotations attributes
* web fragments - web.xml can be splitted
* content can be served from JAR files inside WEB-INF - third-party frameworks can be added quickly
* programmatically add/remove servlets from servlet context
* many more

Best regards,
MZ
Arvind Gangwar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 25, 2010
Posts: 37

Please suggest me to for which exam should i preparing....scwcd 5 or Oracle new Servlet , Jsp developer exam.
And whats study material its need for new exam.....

Welcome suggestion.....Thanks!


Arvind Gangwar
OCPJP 6
Frits Walraven
Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Bartender

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 1521
    
  22

Hi Arvind,

Please suggest me to for which exam should i preparing....scwcd 5 or Oracle new Servlet , Jsp developer exam.
And whats study material its need for new exam.....

It depends on what you need for your daily job or where your interest goes to.

For SCWCD5 the path is simpler as the exam has been around for some time. Study HFSJ, do the mock exams of Enthuware and you are good to go.
For SCWCD6 you have to read all the specs (and JEE 6 documentation of Oracle) as there is no book, and you don't have so many mock exams yet.

Regards,
Frits
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: How is the new Java EE 6 (CX-311-085) exam different from SCWCD 5 ?
 
Similar Threads
JSF on SCWCD?
Is it worth learning JavaEE 5 ?
Commercial SCWCD preparation tool
SCWCD 5.0 Available!
SCWCD or SCBCD ?