my dog learned polymorphism*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Less onsite in Mobile Tech.? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Less onsite in Mobile Tech.?" Watch "Less onsite in Mobile Tech.?" New topic
Author

Less onsite in Mobile Tech.?

Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

is it true that in mobile technologies like android, i phone has less onsite opportunities?


No Kaustubh No Fun, Know Kaustubh Know Fun..
David O'Meara
Rancher

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 13459

seven
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42634
    
  65
of nine?


Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app
David O'Meara
Rancher

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 13459

I'd like to change my answer please.
If I am to work on mobile technologies, I would like to do it outside.
Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

is that a bug...?

First Post By :
David O'Meara
Sheriff

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 12659

2nd Post By

David O'Meara
Sheriff

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 12659

Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

David O'Meara wrote:I'd like to change my answer please.
If I am to work on mobile technologies, I would like to do it outside.


OutSide means where?
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 18996
    
  40


Okay... just in case someone, whose is looking for career advice, comes across this topic.

This is the "Meaningless Drivel" forum. Please do not take anything in this forum seriously -- especially for career advice.

Henry


Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

Aye Aye Sheriff
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

Joined: Oct 02, 2003
Posts: 11480
    
  16

Kaustubh G Sharma wrote:is that a bug...?

First Post By :
David O'Meara
Sheriff

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 12659

2nd Post By

David O'Meara
Sheriff

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 12659


that information is stored on the user level, not the post level. Anywhere you look on this site will show you the same totals number of posts for a given user - assuming it's not a cached page.


There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal

Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Posts: 61657
    
  67

Cloudy with a chance of rain.


[Asking smart questions] [Bear's FrontMan] [About Bear] [Books by Bear]
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal

Joined: Jul 08, 2003
Posts: 24187
    
  34

It makes sense to me: if you're working on mobile phones, you can do it remotely, so no onsite. If, on the other hand, you're working on desktop phones, then they'll definitely bring you onsite, so you get a lot more travel opportunities. Grab your diagonal cutters and jump in the truck, cause those phones aren't going to fix themselves!


[Jess in Action][AskingGoodQuestions]
Pat Farrell
Rancher

Joined: Aug 11, 2007
Posts: 4659
    
    5

I'm trying to parse the meaning of the OP. But whatever you are asking, there is no "on site" for a mobile phone, so to me, mobile applications have 100% less on site support. Or, perhaps they have infinitely more on-site support. Either way, my brain starts to divide by zero on this topic.
David O'Meara
Rancher

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 13459

or maybe phone, developer, server and network have to exist in a zero size singleton in space-time. One sec, I'll ask my mate Steve.
(pause)
He wants to know if you have a zero size IDE available for Eclipse?
Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

Ernest Friedman-Hill wrote:It makes sense to me: if you're working on mobile phones, you can do it remotely, so no onsite. If, on the other hand, you're working on desktop phones, then they'll definitely bring you onsite, so you get a lot more travel opportunities. Grab your diagonal cutters and jump in the truck, cause those phones aren't going to fix themselves!


HAHAHAHA seems you've spend lot of quality time to fix those phones..Best Of Luck Man ...You're rally working for humanity. GOD BLESS You and America (lol)
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6662
    
    5

Kaustubh G Sharma wrote:is it true that in mobile technologies like android, i phone has less onsite opportunities?


Yes it is true that iphone opportunities in andriod are less if not absent.


SCJP 6 articles - SCJP 5/6 mock exams - More SCJP Mocks
Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

Deepak Bala wrote:
Kaustubh G Sharma wrote:is it true that in mobile technologies like android, i phone has less onsite opportunities?


Yes it is true that iphone opportunities in andriod are less if not absent.


seems like you have got huge hangover today
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6662
    
    5

Yes, Hugh was sitting near me and I suggested a drink. He now has a hangover. Interestingly, he also observed that iphone inside an andriod is an impossibility
Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

Sorry MoM from next time 'll Say No To BEER
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6662
    
    5

Kaustubh G Sharma wrote:
Deepak Bala wrote:
Kaustubh G Sharma wrote:is it true that in mobile technologies like android, i phone has less onsite opportunities?


Yes it is true that iphone opportunities in andriod are less if not absent.


seems like you have got huge hangover today


Swoosh comes the Ninja !
Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

Deepak Bala wrote:Yes, Hugh was sitting near me and I suggested a drink. He now has a hangover. Interestingly, he also observed that iphone inside an andriod is an impossibility


I like this one man
Arjun Srivastava
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 23, 2010
Posts: 432

Kaustubh G Sharma wrote:Sorry MoM from next time 'll Say No To BEER

Don't feel sorry,
Beer is good for health,but yeah excess of everything is bad.
Feel proud after getting drunk specially when you are in abroad.


SCJP 6 | FB : Java Certifications-Help. | India Against Corruption
Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

Sounds very naughty
Pat Farrell
Rancher

Joined: Aug 11, 2007
Posts: 4659
    
    5

Deepak Bala wrote: Interestingly, he also observed that iphone inside an andriod is an impossibility

Yes, but the converse is easy. There are hacks to jailbreak an iPhone and install Android software on it. Easy. Looks like an iPhone, works like an Android.
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6662
    
    5

Pat Farrell wrote:
Deepak Bala wrote: Interestingly, he also observed that iphone inside an andriod is an impossibility

Yes, but the converse is easy. There are hacks to jailbreak an iPhone and install Android software on it. Easy. Looks like an iPhone, works like an Android.


Dont have an iphone so I never knew that.
Kaustubh G Sharma
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 13, 2010
Posts: 1281

Deepak Bala wrote:
Dont have an iphone so I never knew that.


Get 1 SOON BRO...
 
permaculture playing cards
 
subject: Less onsite in Mobile Tech.?