This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
We are seeking talented Junior (or higher) level Java developers to join a mulitnational IT consulting firm. Much of our work is in the banking, energy and utilities, financial, industrial, insurance, media, public administration, healthcare and telecommunications sectors. If you have a strong understanding of object oriented design and programming, as well as experience working in teams and in a team environment that is process-oriented and deadline-driven, you will succeed in our position.
All candidates must have both English & Spanish language skills
* 1+ years of software development experience;
* 1+ years of Java/J2EE web development experience;
* 1+ years of websphere and\or banksphere experience;
* 1+ years of experience working with the overall J2EE model (security, presentation options, business components, data access);
* Experience in an analytical role identifying and solving problems.
* Experience working in teams and in a team environment, that is process-oriented and deadline-driven.
* Strong understanding of object oriented design and programming;
Additional Desired Skills
* 1+ years of experience developing for J2EE Application Servers (WebLogic, Websphere, JBOSS, Oracle AS);
* 1+ years of experience in the configuration and administration of J2EE Application Servers;
* 1+ years of experience with Rational Rows, Visio, etc…;
* Experience developing relational data models in support of business requirements.
* Experience in the development of asynchronous processes (i.e. JMS, MQ series);
* Experience using standard modeling techniques (UML, DFD, TRG) and software development lifecycle tools (Rational, Borland);
* 1+ years of Database experience
To apply, visit http://www.assembla.com/search/show_job/817and click on Apply to This Job. Please upload a resume or CV and include a timeframe for your availability and your hourly rate. Selected candidates will be invited to a qualifying interview.