Win a copy of Design for the Mind this week in the Design forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Issues when porting to production server - requested resource not available.

 
John Tannel
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Everything works fine on my local tomcat, but when I move it to the production server from Arvixe, it cannot locate any resources that are not in the home directory. Both I and the server are running tomcat 5.5.

Everything in the home directory seems to work fine (I haven't tried moving the whole project there to test it, but basic pages, buttons, input/output works fine there. When I try to access /admin/main.jsf it gives me the following error:



If I navigate straight to the jsp file, I get errors of course, but it finds the file just fine. Does anyone have any ideas?

My jsf pattern is *.jsf so I don't believe that is it. Thanks in advance!

John

Edit: I tried deploying via WAR file, and I get the same problem
 
Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Pie
Posts: 18098
50
Android Eclipse IDE Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Does the production server support JSF? By which I mean not only does it explicitly support JSF, but does it run at a high enough servlet/JSP version to handle JSF? Does it have built-in JSF that conflicts with the JSF jars that you include when building for Tomcat?
 
John Tannel
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The server does not explicitly support JSF. It supports JSPs with Tomcat. I have admin access to the tomcat installation, and so installed the JSF libraries, etc.

JSF works fine in the home directory as far as I can tell (like I said it supports navigation rules, input tags, output tags).

I didn't have computer access since my last post, but I'm going to try moving all the pages to the home directory and see if it works. I'm fairly certain it will since when I started development it was in the home directory and worked fine online. If you have any other ideas, let me know! I'll report back with results of the migration as soon as I have them.


EDIT:

Solved it. It had to do with the context entry in server.xml

Before(broken):


After(fixed):



 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic