This week's book giveaway is in the Big Data forum.
We're giving away four copies of Elasticsearch in Action and have Radu Gheorghe & Matthew Lee Hinman on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Applets and the fly likes Setting applet path in Java Servlet Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Elasticsearch in Action this week in the Big Data forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Applets
Bookmark "Setting applet path in Java Servlet" Watch "Setting applet path in Java Servlet" New topic
Author

Setting applet path in Java Servlet

Farakh khan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 22, 2008
Posts: 744
Hello,

The applet is running with HTML file but when am trying from Java Servlet then following error appears.


My code to call this applet is:


I tried to set path in different ways but not succeeded


Thanks & best regards
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 22, 2008
Posts: 744
Please help
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 22, 2008
Posts: 744
Is there anybody who can help me?

Best regards
Paul Clapham
Bartender

Joined: Oct 14, 2005
Posts: 19351
    
  10

Why don't you start by posting the actual HTML which is generated from that?

Oh, and you could also find out for yourself whether http://127.0.0.1:7070/servlet/SecureVideo.class actually points to the place where you deployed your SecureVideo class. The applet plugin code says it doesn't.
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 22, 2008
Posts: 744
Paul Clapham wrote:you deployed your SecureVideo class. The applet plugin code says it doesn't.


Hello,

My servlet code is generating following HTML whereas at run time it change to http://127.0.0.1:7070/servlet/SecureVideo.class:


Why this is happening?

Best regards
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42954
    
  73
Are you able to download the class file if you enter "http://127.0.0.1:7070/servlet/SecureVideo.class" in a browser? If not, then that's where the problem is. In other words: Where is SecureVideo.class?
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 22, 2008
Posts: 744
Ulf Dittmer wrote:Are you able to download the class file if you enter "http://127.0.0.1:7070/servlet/SecureVideo.class" in a browser? If not, then that's where the problem is. In other words: Where is SecureVideo.class?


Certainly I can't. what I do?

Best regards
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 42954
    
  73
The first step is to answer this question:
Ulf Dittmer wrote:Where is SecureVideo.class?

Class files used by applets must be publicly accessible. Once you know where it is, you can go about fixing the APPLET tag so that the browser JVM can find it. A CODEBASE attribute might be helpful for that (see http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/misc/applet.html)
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 22, 2008
Posts: 744
Ulf Dittmer wrote:The first step is to answer this question:
Ulf Dittmer wrote:Where is SecureVideo.class?

Class files used by applets must be publicly accessible. Once you know where it is, you can go about fixing the APPLET tag so that the browser JVM can find it. A CODEBASE attribute might be helpful for that (see http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/misc/applet.html)


Thanks a lot from bottom of my heart. Problem solved

Best regards
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://kickstarter.com/rocket-mass-heater
 
subject: Setting applet path in Java Servlet