GeeCON Prague 2014*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes Should I Trust this? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "Should I Trust this?" Watch "Should I Trust this?" New topic
Author

Should I Trust this?

Khoder Wassouf
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Posts: 32
Should I trust this Exam Simulator??


http://www.ucertify.com/download/CX310-065.html
Sunny Bhandari
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 06, 2010
Posts: 448

Though everybody has different view.

I would say not to spend any money for exam simulators.

There are many mock exams available for testing purposes.

Or better buy the new question bank book by Bert Bates.

Have a knowledgeable certification which will give you more satisfaction.


Java Experience
Vijitha Kumara
Bartender

Joined: Mar 24, 2008
Posts: 3833

And a list of mock tests (both free and commercial) available can be found here along with some comments. But you may check and compare the user reviews as well (specially for commercial ones)


SCJP 5 | SCWCD 5
[How to ask questions] [Twitter]
Ankit Garg
Sheriff

Joined: Aug 03, 2008
Posts: 9303
    
  17

Generally in commercial mock exams, whizlabs and enthuware are more famous although I myself relied only on free mock exams for my exam (even examlab was not released back then). The new book by Bert should also be good as the questions in K&B book and the master exam were brilliant...


SCJP 6 | SCWCD 5 | Javaranch SCJP FAQ | SCWCD Links
Khoder Wassouf
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Posts: 32
Ankit Garg wrote:Generally in commercial mock exams, whizlabs and enthuware are more famous although I myself relied only on free mock exams for my exam (even examlab was not released back then). The new book by Bert should also be good as the questions in K&B book and the master exam were brilliant...



Problem is if I buy it online Now it wont come before my exam.....I only want it PDF.....I only have the first chapter.....If anyone can help provide or give me a link of where I can buy or download the full PDF?
Sunny Bhandari
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 06, 2010
Posts: 448

Not sure of PDF.
Try questions at the end of each chapter of book by Khalid Mughal and Study guide by Kathy.

After trying them only I cam to know about the areas I was weak (Assertions, Inner classes )
Javin Paul
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 15, 2010
Posts: 281


try Dan's quiz also , this helped a lot during my preparation on SCJP.
[url]
http://www.danchisholm.net/[/url]


http://javarevisited.blogspot.com - java classpath - Java67 - java hashmap - java logging tips java interview questions Java Enum Tutorial
Richard Broersma
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 28, 2009
Posts: 63

Khoder Wassouf wrote:Should I trust this Exam Simulator??
http://www.ucertify.com/download/CX310-065.html
I tried it. the testing framework that ucertify uses is excellent, but the quality of the questions in the simulation are poor. There was a significant percentage of questions that had incorrect answers. I reported such problems to ucertify with test-case proofs but there was not response.
Darren Littlepage
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 27, 2010
Posts: 35
I don't know anything about ucertify. I use Enthuware. Besides the K&B SCJP 6 book, it's the best money I spent for preparation of the test. There are 13 unique tests so you are not seeing the same questions over and over and memorizing them. It can be customized too. The explainations are good. The support is good. They are tough tests but most mock exams are. I highly reccomend Enthuware if you are going to spend money on mock exams. You get a lot of bang for your buck.


OCPJP for Java 6 on 01/2011
Vyas Sanzgiri
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 16, 2007
Posts: 686

Khoder Wassouf wrote:
Ankit Garg wrote:Generally in commercial mock exams, whizlabs and enthuware are more famous although I myself relied only on free mock exams for my exam (even examlab was not released back then). The new book by Bert should also be good as the questions in K&B book and the master exam were brilliant...



Problem is if I buy it online Now it wont come before my exam.....I only want it PDF.....I only have the first chapter.....If anyone can help provide or give me a link of where I can buy or download the full PDF?


Whizlabs is pretty good. Try Examlab as well


===Vyas Sanzgiri===
My Blog
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Should I Trust this?