Every since last evening, I have been trying to create a PDF zoomed at 300% using Open Office
1. Go to File > Export as PDF > Initial View Tab > Magnification > Zoom Factor: 300% > Page Layout: Continuous > OK
2. When file prints to PDF and I open it, it is at 300% zoom.
3. When I email the file to myself and open it on the same Ubuntu machine, it is opened at 300%
4. When I email the file to myself and open it on my MacBook Air, it is opened at 100%
5. When I restart the Ubuntul machine adn then open the file, it is opened at 100%
How do I create PDF from from Open Office such that the file is opened at 300%, whether it is opened on a Mac, or the Ubuntu machine is restarted and then opened.
This has been frustrating me since last evening, kindly help.
I have noticed that there are subtle interactions between the initial display settings stored in the PDF file and the preferences as set by the user in the PDF reader. It just might be that what you want cannot happen. Personally, if I open a PDF and it doesn't open according to the settings I made in the reader (that is, overriding the settings in the PDF file), then I would consider that a bug in the reader.