I see on the Oracle site that version 6 of the webservices exam will be available on their site from the 8th of February.
Can anyone recommend any good material for this version of the exam?
Also, if anyone can provide details to links on material that shows differences between version 5 and version 6 of the exma, that would be very useful
I'm not sure, if this is a good news or bad for me....
After a very long delay in my preparation for SCDJWS 5.0, I have decided to take SCDJWS 5.0 in the month of Feb. But I think, I need to wait for the 6.0 to show up. Looking at the objectives, I see most of the topics of 5.0 are carried to 6.0 except with the addition of an elaborated REST. Does any one who took the beta exam or any sort of information on the topics and the versions of WSDL, SOAP being covered.
* Create an SOAP web service in a servlet container
* Create a RESTful web service in a servlet container
* Create a SOAP based web service implemented by an EJB component
* Create a RESTful web service implemented by an EJB component
* Configure JavaEE security for a SOAP web service
* Create a web service client for a SOAP based web service
* Create a web service client for a RESTful web service
* Create a SOAP based web service using Java SE platform
* Create handlers for SOAP web services
* Create low-level SOAP web services
* Use MTOM and MIME in a SOAP web service
* Use WS-Addressing with a SOAP web service
* Configure Message Level security for a SOAP web service
* Apply best practices to design and implement web services
I do not see any topic on XML, SOAP 1.1/SOAP1.2, WSIT, XML Processing (JAXP, SAX, DOM etc).
Are these topics removed from SCDJWS 6.0?
Also, what does it mean by "Create low-level SOAP web services'? Does it mean by the usage of SAAJ
Joined: Jun 04, 2002
WSIT, XML, JAXP, SOAP are not removed. It's just poorly compiled exam objectives. Be prepared to answer a few questions on these topics.
Fair amount of questions were on JAX-RS during Beta.
As far as material about REST, I enjoyed Chapter 3 of Mark Hansen's "SOA Using Java Web Services." The chapter was called "Basic SOA Using REST." Furthermore, Martin Kalin's "Java Web Services Up and Running" has a 70 page long chapter on REST I found interesting.
But I did not take the Beta exam, so I am not sure how much these would help us or if we need to go out and buy another book like ReSTful Web Services or something else. Can anyone else tell us?
SCJP - 1.4
SCJD - (B&S) Used 1.5 And It Runs On Solaris10
SCWCD - Thanks to HFSJ!!