This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
There are three parts to the SCEA certification; 310-052 (multiple-choice), 310-301A (downloadable project), and 310-062 (essay). You must complete Part 1 (exam 310-052) at Prometric before you start Part 2 (project 310-301A) on this site.
To register and take Part 1 (exam 310-052) go to Prometric.
Once you have completed 310-052, you may start the project 310-301A.
1. Click First Time Registration and create your web testing profile. You must have your Prometric ID you used when you took 310-052 at Prometric when you create your web registration here. Without this Prometric ID your certification records will not merge. Your Prometric ID will start with "SR" followed by 7 characters.
2. After you have created your profile by First Time Registration, you will be at the candidate menu. Click the Public Tests submit button.
3. Choose the SCEA 310-301A exam. There is no promotion or voucher code.
4. Your SCEA project is randomly chosen from a pool of projects. You must print your project. The exam session will stay valid for 2 hours after which time you will not be allowed to relaunch the exam project. You have up to one year to complete the project and the essay. The Part 3 exam (310-062) is an essay which you should take immediately after completing your work on the project. The essay exam asks you questions about your project, so it is important that you take 310-062 while your project is fresh in your mind. You must take 310-062 at Prometric, like you did with 310-052. We cannot grade 310-301A without the completion of 310-062.
5. When you have completed your project (310-301A) and the essay exam (310-062), you must email the assignment JAR file as an attachment to the email address architect-submit_US@oracle.com. Make sure you understand what is to be included in the JAR file before send it. Also test your file extensively before you submit it for grading. When you send your project to architect-submit_US@oracle.com please include your Prometric ID in the subject of the message.
6. Your project will be hand graded by a Java EE Architect. You will receive a grade in 4-6 weeks. Your grade will be Pass or Fail. For purposes of exam security, you will not receive details on your pass, and only limited details should you fail the project or essay exam. Should you fail the project for any reason, you may purchase the 310-301R exam resubmission, and resubmit your project with corrections. You will not receive a new project file with the purchase of a resubmission.