File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Android and the fly likes What are the pre-requisites for learning Android Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Mobile » Android
Bookmark "What are the pre-requisites for learning Android" Watch "What are the pre-requisites for learning Android" New topic
Author

What are the pre-requisites for learning Android

Sahil Reddy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 24, 2011
Posts: 145
What are the pre-requisites for learning Android ??

How it can help in career ???

Regards
Hauke Ingmar Schmidt
Rancher

Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Posts: 433
    
    2
Win the book "Learn Java for Android" in the book promotion ;-). It covers the Java you need for programming Android which is pretty much basic Java. A strong fundamental knowledge helps a lot.

That's pretty much it, apart from the usual processual and tool knowledge (sure, you need to know how to do OOA/D/P, handle XML and Eclipse...).

It helps if you need it. Some more chances to get self-employed or at least earn a dollar or two, due to a market and billing system you can utilise.
Sahil Reddy
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 24, 2011
Posts: 145
Ayumu Osamu
Greenhorn

Joined: Dec 17, 2010
Posts: 4

Hauke Ingmar Schmidt wrote:Win the book "Learn Java for Android" in the book promotion ;-).


:D :D :D :D :D :D

On the 31st of January, Google Android won Apple as the top mobile platform. So learning to code for Android has good prospects. :thumbup:
Michael Rivera
Ranch Hand

Joined: Dec 31, 2007
Posts: 121

Programming
Choose Java
then OOP
and read on the Android Framework in their website

simply understand Java and your good to go to learning Android!


So many things to do so little time !!!
@mikedroid myLinkedIn
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 27, 2002
Posts: 8919

Michael Rivera wrote:Programming
Choose Java
then OOP
and read on the Android Framework in their website

simply understand Java and your good to go to learning Android!


I was disappointed when I came to know that ios was for c guys, good to hear that java guys can learn mobile programming.


Groovy
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 41838
    
  63
Pradeep bhatt wrote:good to hear that java guys can learn mobile programming.

Sun's/Oracle's Java ME has been around for a long time, even though it doesn't have much traction on modern smartphones. I'd guess that it's still more widely distributed than Android, though, due to the large number of non-smartphones still in use.


Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app
Hauke Ingmar Schmidt
Rancher

Joined: Nov 18, 2008
Posts: 433
    
    2
Pradeep bhatt wrote:I was disappointed when I came to know that ios was for c guys


Objective-C, which is as unusual for C programmers as for Java programmers.

Ulf Dittmer wrote:Sun's/Oracle's Java ME has been around for a long time, even though it doesn't have much traction on modern smartphones. I'd guess that it's still more widely distributed than Android, though, due to the large number of non-smartphones still in use.


Facebook just released it's J2ME app, seems to be of some importance still. Blackberry and Symbian devices can still be programmed with J2ME, I think.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: What are the pre-requisites for learning Android