aspose file tools*
The moose likes Ranch Office and the fly likes Thread EJB xxxx Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » This Site » Ranch Office
Bookmark "Thread EJB xxxx" Watch "Thread EJB xxxx" New topic
Author

Thread EJB xxxx

James Sabre
Ranch Hand

When I view http://www.coderanch.com/forums I see under heading "EJB and Other Java EE Technologies" that the latest thread is "EJB sucks" but when I click on the link I get the information message "The topic you are trying to see does not exist.".

I assume that this topic has been 'moderated' so this looks to be a forum bug.

Update : a response has now been added to an existing thread in that forum so the "EJB sucks" thread is no longer visible at all.

Retired horse trader.
 Note: double-underline links may be advertisements automatically added by this site and are probably not endorsed by me.
Rob Spoor
Sheriff

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's the same bug as this one.

SCJP 1.4 - SCJP 6 - SCWCD 5 - OCEEJBD 6
How To Ask Questions How To Answer Questions
James Sabre
Ranch Hand

Rob Spoor wrote:I'm not 100% sure but I think it's the same bug as this one.

It could be related but I thought the symptoms were sufficiently different that it required reporting.
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender

I know i've been told in the past that a lot of the time, these are caching issues. The summary pages are build once, and stored until something changes. It may be that the 'moderating' doesn't count correctly as an update, so the summary doesn't get updated.

There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors
James Sabre
Ranch Hand

fred rosenberger wrote:I know i've been told in the past that a lot of the time, these are caching issues. The summary pages are build once, and stored until something changes. It may be that the 'moderating' doesn't count correctly as an update, so the summary doesn't get updated.

Although I know nothing about the Ranch forum software this possible flaw in caching sounds like it could be the cause of the problems I have reported. Do you want me to continue reporting flaws that could be explained by this?
Christophe Verré
Sheriff

James Sabre wrote:Although I know nothing about the Ranch forum software this possible flaw in caching sounds like it could be the cause of the problems I have reported. Do you want me to continue reporting flaws that could be explained by this?

Is this preventing you from sleeping ?

[My Blog]
All roads lead to JavaRanch
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

James Sabre wrote:
fred rosenberger wrote:I know i've been told in the past that a lot of the time, these are caching issues. The summary pages are build once, and stored until something changes. It may be that the 'moderating' doesn't count correctly as an update, so the summary doesn't get updated.

Although I know nothing about the Ranch forum software this possible flaw in caching sounds like it could be the cause of the problems I have reported. Do you want me to continue reporting flaws that could be explained by this?

No. I think we have enough information to look at it. Now it's a factor of other things like time, etc.

[Blog] [JavaRanch FAQ] [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way] [Book Promos]
Blogging on Certs: SCEA Part 1, Part 2 & 3, Core Spring 3, OCAJP, OCPJP beta, TOGAF part 1 and part 2
James Sabre
Ranch Hand

Christophe Verré wrote:
James Sabre wrote:Although I know nothing about the Ranch forum software this possible flaw in caching sounds like it could be the cause of the problems I have reported. Do you want me to continue reporting flaws that could be explained by this?

Is this preventing you from sleeping ?

:-)

jQuery in Action, 2nd edition

subject: Thread EJB xxxx