Do you mean the programs that start when your operating system starts? That depends on the operating system.
Windows uses several locations:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run for applications that start each time for the current user
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce for applications that only start the next time for the current user
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run for applications that start each time for all users
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce for applications that only start the next time for all users
- the Startup start menu folder for the current user
- the Startup start menu folder for all users
I didn't specify actual paths for the last two since those locations depend on several things, including the Windows language. The actual value can be found in the registry somewhere.