New here. Just read through posts concerning Exceptions creating bean of class and couldn't find my answer.
I'm using a book, which is outdated but I didn't realize it. However, I thought I'd try to get through it anyways.
The exception is as follows:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception creating bean of class LookupForm: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: LookupForm at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:495) at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:101) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:92) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:162) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
The original error I had the errors with the attributes for the <html:form> tag. I removed the attributes in the index.jsp file to be:
This solved one issue, however I get the following exception now. The LookupAction and LookupForm were both compiled and placed into the
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reid M. Pinchback
Joined: Jan 25, 2002
The problem may be that you are missing a required library. ClassNotFoundException is definitely the least informative error that the JDK ever throws. Sometimes it means the class wasn't found. Sometimes it just means that loading failed because your class needed another class, and the second class was the one that wasn't found.
Reid - SCJP2 (April 2002)
Joined: Feb 15, 2005
One thing I can discern from the message is that the class that can't be found is "LookupForm", which means that it doesn't realize that LookupForm is in the package ch3. Otherwise, it would say it couldn't find "ch3.LookupForm".
Since you define your form bean as type="ch3.LookupForm", though, I don't see why it's not picking up the correct class name.
The only thing I can think of to tell you is to re-deploy the application and re-start the application server. Maybe there's an old copy of struts-config.xml that's getting used instead of the one you showed us. [ January 19, 2006: Message edited by: Merrill Higginson ]