I have a web application , in that if i click "Download Software" link from the screen, it should download swing application which is similar to software downloads. Feature suppose to implement are.
1. Need to download the swing application from web
2. Create shortcut for the downloaded swing application
3. It should show some popups if the latest updates available for the download applcation
4. Downloaded application should expire for every six months.
Have a look at "Java WebStart" which is included in the standard Java deployment.
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
Thanks for your response. As suggest ,I tried to implement the same as below
1. Created the jar for the swing application using fat plugin (with one jar option)
2. Created the JNLP file which has the jar ref entry for the above created jar and plcaed in web application.
3. Tried to launch this JNLP file onclick of link from the web application.
Just JNLP file got opened and not executed. And one more catch is,While analysing i found that in JNLP file i
have given the main calss as "com.test.app.TestMain" but in the jars Manifest file its been mentioned
as "com.simontuffs.onejar.Boot" .