This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum. We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line! See this thread for details.
GameSalad, Inc. is seeking to hire on a full time Web Developer to assist the shaping and creation of GameSalad’s presence on the web and mobile platforms. In this position, your main responsibilities will include advanced development for end-user interfaces, including web-based and mobile-based, as well as close collaboration with our Graphic/UX Designer.
The ideal candidate will have a extensive experience in developing scalable transactional systems and can think outside the box. Thinking inside very large boxes is also acceptable. (S)he must be a self-starter that keeps up-to-date with the latest web technologies (HTML5, jQuery, Cappuccino) and believes that markup should be semantic.
GameSalad is a new kind of game company that blends powerful, accessible, and rapid game creation technologies with independent publishing. Their flagship product is GameSalad Creator, a game creation system for creative professionals. GameSalad enables non-programmers to create sophisticated 2D casual games for Apple’s mobile iOS platforms, such as the iPhone and iPad.
• Assist in the consistency of information architecture and user experience design for gamesalad.com
• Develop in Groovy on Grails or in PHP (tell me about your favorite framework) from business rules and specifications
• Keep up-to-date on the latest web technologies
• Help ensure gamesalad.com maintains a consistent look and feel across all current modern browsers
• Develop scalable new web applications and services
• BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience developing web services APIs
• Experience developing end-user web-based interfaces
• Expert knowledge in PHP or Java and Groovy on Grails
• Understanding of Object Oriented programming principles
• Experience with multiple styles of programming languages
• Ability to focus and produce quality results with little outside direction
• Passion for great user experience
• Strong working knowledge of OSX platform and GameSalad software suite a plus
• Experience with HTML5 technologies a plus
• Experience with SproutCore or Cappuccino a plus
• Experience with iPad/iPhone specific Safari development a big plus
• Able to give good estimates or to know one’s own estimate multiplier
• Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
• Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.