I am newbie to jsp I have created the following form with bean
I have the following questions
1) is my above way to put the form and the processing in a single page is a right way or i have to make separation for that or there is another better way to do that ?
2) how to show the errors if there are some empty submitted fields and I want to tell the user to fill them ?
It is generally accepted that you submit a request to a servlet for java code handling, and use JSPs only for rendering the view (MVC)
I would actually recommend using a web framework which has supporting code that does the heavy lifting for things such as:
- mapping/converting parameters to beans
- validation of the bean and redisplay of the page(with errors) if necessary
- encourages you to use an MVC approach
Common examples are Struts, Stripes, JSF.
Personally I prefer Stripes right now, but there are a bunch of other out there I don't know about.