Meaningless Drivel is fun!*
The moose likes Web Services Certification (SCDJWS/OCEJWSD) and the fly likes Known issue with glassfish 3.1 during running webservices Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Spring in Action this week in the Spring forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Web Services Certification (SCDJWS/OCEJWSD)
Bookmark "Known issue with glassfish 3.1 during running webservices" Watch "Known issue with glassfish 3.1 during running webservices" New topic
Author

Known issue with glassfish 3.1 during running webservices

Kamal Tripathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 02, 2008
Posts: 86
I am using glassfish 3.1 to deploya webservice example from SOA Using Webservices by Mark Hansen.

I got to the part to be able to deploy the webservice, how the TestClient written to test the service is not working. Here is the exception I am getting.



Here is the code from the Client.java which executes it. As you can see issue is because it is not able to get Port definition.



Now I think the issue with jars in glassfish only since.

1. I see the webservice is running when I use it thru soapUI so there is no issue at the server side.
2. I also checked the portQName and serviceQName look ok to me.

Also while googling I came across some posts which tell me that this is a known issue with Tomcat (Link1, Link2)

I didn't come across anything which points to an issue with glassfish jars. So wanted to quickly check if someone might have come across this issue with Glassfish 3.1 as well.


Kamal Tripathi
SCJP 1.4 90%, SCWCD5 94%, Next SCDJWS--> In Naescent stage. Researching abt exam and material itself.
Kamal Tripathi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 02, 2008
Posts: 86
A project has been created for SOA examples which has WSDL hosted so you can refer that as well. Thanks.
Bob Nedwor
hangman
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 17, 2005
Posts: 215

Part of the problem could very well be that when running your client program, your current JAVA_HOME is pointing to Java 6 SE, which now has a version of WebFault WITHOUT the messageName element ( see the SE version of the API here .

But the program needs the EE version of WebFault that DOES have the messageName element (see the EE version of the API here ) .

Consider trying to change your client JAVA_HOME to a 1.5 version of SE and see if it works.


Bob N
SCJP - 1.4
SCJD - (B&S) Used 1.5 And It Runs On Solaris10
SCWCD - Thanks to HFSJ!!
 
Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
 
subject: Known issue with glassfish 3.1 during running webservices