This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Hello i am using git . I am stuck in following scenario .....
Assume --> My Local Machine STATE = X
GitHub STATE = Y
Initially --> I made a pull , so X == Y
1. I made some changes in my local machine. ( My Local Machine STATE = X' )
2. I made a commit followed by push on GitHub ( Github STATE = X')
3. Now i want to revert to a state where the repository was before i made my last pull from GitHub. ( I mean i want to switch back to state X and want Github state to be Y again )
How to achieve that ??
Essentially i want to remove the following'
1. Effect of my push on github.
2. My local machine state back to the point where i started making last changes.