This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
VolunteerMatch is driven by professional, results-oriented individuals who are passionate about service and volunteering. Many of us succeeded in the corporate world before joining VolunteerMatch, a leading nonprofit, and we share a belief in the use of technology to enable a greater good.
If you're down with test driven development and have worked with MVC frameworks such as Spring MVC, Play Framework, Rails, Django, Lift, etc. then you're the type of developer we're looking for! We're mostly a Java shop but we’re interested in talented web developers regardless of language background.
Stuff You'll Be Doing:
* Agile (Scrum) development on a team with 6-8 engineers.
* Test-driven development.
* Collaboration with product management to define and estimate user stories.
* Participation in daily stand-up, architecture discussions, engineering workshops, and code reviews.
* Continuous process improvement.
The Right Person:
* Strong proficiency with MVC frameworks and web development languages.
* Experience designing and developing robust, scalable web applications.
* Good proficiency with SQL and ORMs (Hibernate, ActiveRecord, etc.).
Things to Know:
* Full time, regular position.
* Reports to the CTO.
* Compensation includes salary, generous health & dental, and 401(k).
How To Apply:
* Captain Recruiter will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click below.