Register / Login
File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
Win a copy of
Clojure in Action
this week in the
XML and Related Technologies
XSL Transformation into Word 2003 XML format handling logic to load XML data
posted 4 years ago
Actually let me try to make my question simpler
Purpose : to load XML data (data.xml) into Word document (word.docx).
1. Create a word document with merge fields.
2. Create an XML document with data to be filled into Word document Merge fields.
3. Insert XML tags as value of Merge fields ?
I am stuck over here as I am not sure how to insert logic in merge fields. Is it possible ?
<xsl:if test="books/book/author_name/text() != 'ABC'">
<xsl:when test="books/book/author_name/text() = 'ABC'">
some text in word document
4. Save word document (word.docx) as word 2003 xml file (word.xml).
5. Use WordprocessingML Transform Inference Tool to convert word 2003 xml file to xsl file (word.xsl).
Transformer to merge word.xsl with data.xml file
Is it possible to insert xsl logic into merge fields in word ?
Or do I need to convert xml to xsl and then add logic ?
I appreciate if anybody can provide me some guidelines.
Did you see how Paul
cut 87% off of his electric heat bill with 82 watts of micro heaters
Converting RTF to XSL-FO
JQuery XML- Permission denied
PDF generation using iText + template + XML + XSD
XML FILE TO CSV FILE