This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
Adam Koblentz wrote:After seeing some of the presentations at TSSJS, I'm left wondering what the value of the spring framework will be in the future since a lot of its functionality is being included in JSE and JEE.
1) Spring is much more mature.
2) SpringSource has a lot more than just the Core Spring module that JSE and JEE don't cover.
3) SpringSource is providing seamless integration with the Cloud
4) SpringSource owns GemFire a high available Caching that runs also in the Cloud.
5) Support for Spring in all the major Web Frameworks, either provided by Spring or by the Framework.
I know there are a lot of things Spring does well, however, I wonder what the percentage of Spring users are that only use the DI portion of the framework? Or just use spring-mvc because JEE was previously "unusable".