This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Hi, I have some doubts on the performance of clustering and session management in load balanced environment. Here are my questions:
* What are the drawbacks of sticky-sessions and session replication. The cluster will contain 4 nodes, but many concurrent user sessions may be expected.
* What is the heavy load performance of both solutions?
* Have anyone used any of them in a production environment?
* How about scalability?
* If using persistent shared sessions - where to store the state to achieve a possibly fast and stable solution?
* Have you got any experience with session sharing (in external memcache, database etc.) in a big scale?
Thanks for any advice
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: Advice needed on Tomcat clustering/loadbalancing performance in production environment