GeeCON Prague 2014*
The moose likes Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA) and the fly likes SCEA Question answer confirmation Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA)
Bookmark "SCEA Question answer confirmation" Watch "SCEA Question answer confirmation" New topic
Author

SCEA Question answer confirmation

Rajan Choudhary
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 196
Q1 -- Your organization is interested in building an application that will allow users to query and read volumes of statistical data for analysis. They anticipate high volumes of traffic and want the most scalable solution. This application will be distributed in a cluster and deployed as an enterprise archive. Components should be designed so that they can be accessed remotely by other Java applications.

A. Servlet accessed using HTTP.
B. Message-driven bean accessed using JMS.
C. Stateless session bean accessed using RMI.
D. Stored procedures and DAO's.

I am very positive that correct answer is "C" due to the scalability, clustering & distributed & pure java clients but the correct answer is shown as D in epractise of Oracle. Am I missing something?


Q2--- Elimination of the majority of required interfaces for persistent entities. To me this statement is true in the context of EJB3 architecture. what do you say?

Q3- Which is the correct design pattern to avoid having lots of conditional statements? My understanidn says builder but the correct answer is presented as abstract factory. DO you agree?

Q4- Does the real SCEA part 1 exam tell us, how many correct options need to be selected? Like choose any 2 or 3 etc
David Byron
Rancher

Joined: Jan 20, 2009
Posts: 172

Rajan Choudhary wrote:
... to query and read ... high volumes ... most scalable solution... accessed remotely by other Java applications.

...I am very positive that correct answer is "C" due to the scalability, clustering & distributed & pure java clients but the correct answer is shown as D in epractise of Oracle. Am I missing something?

Seems like C to me. Stateless sBeans address scalability, and RMI addresses remote access for external Java apps.

Q3- Which is the correct design pattern to avoid having lots of conditional statements? My understanidn says builder but the correct answer is presented as abstract factory. DO you agree?

Abstract Factory makes sense, as it eliminates the chained/nested instanceof™ phenomenon.


SCJD 6, OCPJP7, Baroque Potion, G+
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 30580
    
154

Rajan,
Where did this question come from? We ask people to cite their sources for mock exam questions.

#4 - yes, you will be told how many correct answers there are on the real exam


[Blog] [JavaRanch FAQ] [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way] [Book Promos]
Blogging on Certs: SCEA Part 1, Part 2 & 3, Core Spring 3, OCAJP, OCPJP beta, TOGAF part 1 and part 2
Rajan Choudhary
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 196
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Rajan,
Where did this question come from? We ask people to cite their sources for mock exam questions.


from ePractise of Oracle. What is your opinion about the answer?
Anil Chowdary
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 20, 2009
Posts: 43
I go with answer C. I don't think answer D quite takes care of the non functional and other requirements mentioned in the question.


OCMJEA/SCEA, SCWCD, SCJP
giuseppe fanuzzi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 18, 2006
Posts: 99
The perfect answer would be C + D.
C because is about scalable and remoting, and D because DAO is the best choise when the amount of data is expensive and the query are complicated like analysis query.
So a real architect would implement a SLSB that uses a DAO.


GiUsEpPe (SCJP, SCWCD, SCBCD, IBM OOAD, SCEA/OCMJEA 5)
Rajan Choudhary
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 196
giuseppe fanuzzi wrote:The perfect answer would be C + D.
C because is about scalable and remoting, and D because DAO is the best choise when the amount of data is expensive and the query are complicated like analysis query.
So a real architect would implement a SLSB that uses a DAO.


Well, the question says, only one correct answer so I was thinking about C due the scalability and deployment of ear within a cluster.

If they mean a cluster of DB servers then deployment of ear does not make any sense.

Now coming to C+D approaches, I kind of disagree because question clearly says scalability by clustering so if scalability is achieved in EJB side within app servers and if you try to use stored procs and DB servers are not clustered then you might not achieve the real goal.

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 30580
    
154

Rajan Choudhary wrote:from ePractise of Oracle. /quote]
Thank you.

Rajan Choudhary wrote: What is your opinion about the answer?

Definitely C.

Sharma Ashutosh
Bartender

Joined: Apr 06, 2001
Posts: 346
Q1 -- Your organization is interested in building an application that will allow users to query and read volumes of statistical data for analysis. They anticipate high volumes of traffic and want the most scalable solution. This application will be distributed in a cluster and deployed as an enterprise archive. Components should be designed so that they can be accessed remotely by other Java applications.

A. Servlet accessed using HTTP.
B. Message-driven bean accessed using JMS.
C. Stateless session bean accessed using RMI.
D. Stored procedures and DAO's.


Correct answer is C

Q4- Does the real SCEA part 1 exam tell us, how many correct options need to be selected? Like choose any 2 or 3 etc

Yes, they specify how many answers should be chosen


Ashutosh Sharma
SCJP 1.2, SCEA 5, Brainbench certified J2EE Developer, Documentum Certified Professional
Blog : http://scea5-passingpart2and3.blogspot.com/
Rajan Choudhary
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 196
Thank you all for confirming. The answer in ePractise test is wrong. I was just going thru sample questions on Oracle site and the correct answer is listed as "C".
 
GeeCON Prague 2014
 
subject: SCEA Question answer confirmation