This normally means that your Tomcat Pool is running out of Connection. At that point Tomcat ObjectPool code will start to wait until a Connection is available.
Do you see other Threads involved in actual database transactions or just waiting to acquire a Connection? Also, what are your current Tomcat settings for this particular data source?
- Database hanging scenario causing rapid depletion of your Tomcat JDBC Data Source (long running query, database slowdown condition, too much load vs. tuning etc.)
- JDBC DataSource/Connection leak
At this point, please provide more detail on other Threads from your captured Thread Dump so we can pinpoint the root cause as per process below:
- Breakdown Thread Dump in logical silos:
- What is the total # of active Threads (executing a request)
- What is the total # of Threads waiting to acquire a Connection from your JDBC DataSource - What is the total # of Threads involved in an actual transaction with your JDBC DataSource