This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum.
We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Certification Results and the fly likes Passed Oracle SQL Fundamentals-I  exam (1z0-051) Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide this week in the OCMJEA forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Certification Results
Bookmark "Passed Oracle SQL Fundamentals-I  exam (1z0-051)" Watch "Passed Oracle SQL Fundamentals-I  exam (1z0-051)" New topic
Author

Passed Oracle SQL Fundamentals-I exam (1z0-051)

Abhay Agarwal
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 29, 2008
Posts: 1086
    
    1

Hi

I passed Oracle SQL Fundamentals-I exam today.
It was my first attempt with SQL.
Exam was good and exam preparation book from Oracle press (http://www.flipkart.com/oca-oracle-database-11g-john-book-0070264996?ref=883c13ea-ccc0-4f4a-b9f1-901d710d6ec6) was excellent.

I have two queries though

a. Prometric/Pearson Vue centre did not provide me any written/printed piece of paper of examination result (kind of which is being provided when we pass any Java certification). Prometric center person told me that I can view my exam result on pearson vue website and can take a print out from it. I just browsed pearson vue website but could not find any suitable page where I can view my exam result. Please let me know how can i view my exam result on pearson vue website.

b. Like we use to recieve Sun (now Oracle) certificate (hard copy) at our mailing address after few weeks of passing the corresponding exam, Does ORACLE send any such hard copy of 1z0-051 Certification exam?

Also now it is time to change signature in Code ranch account ...

Bye


Oracle Java Web Service Developer (1z0-897), Oracle certified Java 7 Programmer, SCJA 1.0, SCJP 5.0, SCWCD 5.0, Oracle SQL Fundamentals I
Arvind Gangwar
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 25, 2010
Posts: 37

Congratulation Abhay...hey if possible then can you send me ebook which you read for your preparation....Please send me a PM...
Thanks!


Arvind Gangwar
OCPJP 6
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 26, 2006
Posts: 9353
    
    2

Congfratulations!


SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.4 - Hints for you, Certified Scrum Master
Did a rm -R / to find out that I lost my entire Linux installation!
Abhay Agarwal
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 29, 2008
Posts: 1086
    
    1

got the answer of my first question

I made an account on pearson vue wesbite and then logged in to download my certificate.

But second question is still unanswered
jagdev bhogal
Greenhorn

Joined: Apr 24, 2012
Posts: 3
many congratulations, if you could send me ecopy of book that would be great, I am due to take the test soon and need help on revision
Please reply
K Pardeep
Greenhorn

Joined: Jan 16, 2013
Posts: 8
You can find the ebook here
http://java-latte.blogspot.in/2013/01/1z0-051.html
some other useful informartion also.
koilraj abraham
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 520
    
    2
Congratulations!....


Abraham
EPractize Labs Training Labs => OCMJEA 6 | OCAJP | OCPJP | OCEJWSD | OCEEJBD | OCEJPAD | OCEJWCD
Cart Doherty
Greenhorn

Joined: Jan 18, 2013
Posts: 1
hi
you can view your exam result. Please let you see pass certification website
K Pardeep
Greenhorn

Joined: Jan 16, 2013
Posts: 8
I have passed Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I with 90%.
koilraj abraham
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Posts: 520
    
    2
K Pardeep wrote:I have passed Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I with 90%.


Congratulations!...
Anvesh Ananthula
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 30, 2013
Posts: 1
hi guys,
Can anyone answer me these questions which i am struggling to get.
1) Is oracle 1z0-051 exam a multiple choice or a theory based exam??
2) Do we have any discount for this exam.The present exam price is Rs 6,600.
3)where can i get practice paper and practice tests.

please help me out.

thanks
actual exam
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 19, 2013
Posts: 2
Congratulations!....
Steven Squeers
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 19, 2013
Posts: 62
Anvesh Ananthula wrote:hi guys,
Can anyone answer me these questions which i am struggling to get.
1) Is oracle 1z0-051 exam a multiple choice or a theory based exam??
2) Do we have any discount for this exam.The present exam price is Rs 6,600.
3)where can i get practice paper and practice tests.

please help me out.

thanks


It's multiple choice.
amruta pimpalwar
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 29, 2013
Posts: 3
K Pardeep wrote:I have passed Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I with 90%.

hey can you tell us about your preperation it will help us
amruta pimpalwar
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 29, 2013
Posts: 3
Congratulations !
amruta pimpalwar
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 29, 2013
Posts: 3
Please tell me about study material. i read the book OCA Oracle Database 11g : SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide is it enough for the preperation
Andy Kelly
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 03, 2013
Posts: 2
I read "Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I: Oracle Certification Prep" by Matthew Morris, and for the passed few months have been doing uCertifys prepkit for it, until I was getting over 75% every time on the practice tests with 40 mins left over! BUT WAIT FOR IT... I failed the exam the other day terribly! Being an online test and thinking I will even have time left over to look up anything I wasn't sure about, I thought I was well prepared.

The exam was mostly exercises with multiple possible answers, so if unsure about one is is wrong then the whole question is wrong. Very little quick questions like "Which is not a single row function". Like 90% where exercises/problems which needed re-reading over for requirements and analyzing multiple SQL queries for what (did or didn't) match the requirements. I was so rushed I didn't have time each question to understand the questions and provide a actual worked out answer. Only "most likely with the time I had" answers. Basically a guess (with multiple right/wrong answers its virtually unlikely to get right from a guess)

I found it didn't test "Oracle SQL" only, but your ability to problem solve quickly. So I bombed despite I know everything in the prep guide, and I am now unsure what to do next, as I know the content well, I just suck at solving these exercises within 2 minutes each. (Is there actual copies of the latest test questions out there that people are using to pass that I'm no aware of! or I just suck at exams.
Steven Squeers
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 19, 2013
Posts: 62
Andy Kelly wrote:I read "Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I: Oracle Certification Prep" by Matthew Morris, and for the passed few months have been doing uCertifys prepkit for it, until I was getting over 75% every time on the practice tests with 40 mins left over! BUT WAIT FOR IT... I failed the exam the other day terribly! Being an online test and thinking I will even have time left over to look up anything I wasn't sure about, I thought I was well prepared.

The exam was mostly exercises with multiple possible answers, so if unsure about one is is wrong then the whole question is wrong. Very little quick questions like "Which is not a single row function". Like 90% where exercises/problems which needed re-reading over for requirements and analyzing multiple SQL queries for what (did or didn't) match the requirements. I was so rushed I didn't have time each question to understand the questions and provide a actual worked out answer. Only "most likely with the time I had" answers. Basically a guess (with multiple right/wrong answers its virtually unlikely to get right from a guess)

I found it didn't test "Oracle SQL" only, but your ability to problem solve quickly. So I bombed despite I know everything in the prep guide, and I am now unsure what to do next, as I know the content well, I just suck at solving these exercises within 2 minutes each. (Is there actual copies of the latest test questions out there that people are using to pass that I'm no aware of! or I just suck at exams.


The Matthew Morris so-called prep kits are not very useful, from my experience. I found they are little more than a summary of the exam objectives / topics. In fact they're probably worse than useless because as in your case they give you a false sense of security.
You really have to go to the Oracle documentation. I didn't do SQL I; I did the advanced one and there's a good book for that. Really like I say you have to go through Oracle's documentation as much as possible, and experiment with SQL*Plus.
Andy Kelly
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 03, 2013
Posts: 2
Steven Squeers wrote:The Matthew Morris so-called prep kits are not very useful, from my experience. I found they are little more than a summary of the exam objectives / topics. In fact they're probably worse than useless because as in your case they give you a false sense of security.
You really have to go to the Oracle documentation. I didn't do SQL I; I did the advanced one and there's a good book for that. Really like I say you have to go through Oracle's documentation as much as possible, and experiment with SQL*Plus.


Funny enough I posted this on a Oracle forum and Matthew replied. I don't think he would claim it's for learning the exam topics. But is useful as a prep guide. Which is all I used it for. I read it once front to back highlighting as I went the key points and facts. Then read through again just my highlighted parts. Then went on too the uCertify prekit. Doing readings on areas I failed in the practice tests. I think everything one needs to pass the exam is covered in both if your not new to SQL, like I've done Informix. Problem is purely my ability to read, analyse, and solve the exercises in the time given. Think of it like this, someone might know and understand 'addition' 1 + 1 = 2. Simple, easy, nothing to study there. That's how I feel about SQL. But now try and add 1463.4 + 4735.23 in 10 seconds in your head. That's how I feel about the exam. I know how to solve just not in the time given and pressure looming in back of mind (tick tock tick tock).
 
wood burning stoves
 
subject: Passed Oracle SQL Fundamentals-I exam (1z0-051)