This week's book giveaway is in the Other Open Source APIs forum. We're giving away four copies of Storm Applied and have Sean Allen, Peter Pathirana & Matthew Jankowski on-line! See this thread for details.
So you wanted to “change the world” when you graduated from college but ended up joining a big company “under family pressures” but hate going to work as it is not nearly as much fun as you thought. Maybe you joined a small company thinking you will work on new and innovative technology but the most you do is build mundane websites for clients that does not really do much for your intellect besides pay your bills. You still can… Well it’s time to work in a real product startup where you will define the next generation of e-commerce for small businesses, leverage social technologies to solve real world problems and get the sense of achievement that you have been looking for…..Welcome to Vianza.com, a Web2.0 social commerce platform and marketplace that connects product makers with the independent retailers that want to sell those products. Vianza brings the industry to the 21st century by enabling global e-commerce at the click of a button. Check it out at www.vianza.com.
Vianza is headquartered in San Francisco, California. The Product Development Center is based in Bangalore, India.
Vianza’s core platform is based on a LAMP stack with 3rd party API integrations for global payment processing, shipment processing, marketing automation, help desk automation, subscription billing and affiliate management. Vianza is looking for Senior Software Engineers for our Bangalore office (Kormangala area) to help shape the direction of the platform and develop the next set of features. Vianza is currently in closed alpha.
The web applications you develop must not only be scalable, reliable and inexpensive to operate, but must also delight and inspire our users globally.
We are looking for you, if any 2 of the following applies to you:
• are a self starter, always challenging the status quo and enjoy working in a startup environment
• have experience with web application development with large web sites
• have real experience with AJAX, JQUERY through to MySql and are familiar with session management, object relational mapping, XML and web services
• have experience with search technologies especially SOLR and/or SEO
• you want to architect and “design the future” and love agile methodology
Please email your resume to email@example.com. In your email, tell us about yourself and some interesting things that you've done in the past. Go ahead, brag a little. Thanks!!! We're looking forward to talking with you.
- Lead a team of developers to design and develop complex web applications
- Collaborate to produce and manage high quality code
- Demonstrate comfort with complex systems from architecture through operationalization
- Complete ownership of project life-cycle
- minimum 4 years of experience in software design and development for complex web applications
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- At least 4 years of experience in PHP development in a LAMP architecture
- Good knowledge working with MySQL databases
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Must have led team of 3 members, mentoring junior developers
- Must have background in software engineering principles and SVN and branching
- Any prior experience with any open source technologies like Joomla, Drupal, ROR would be a plus