A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
Win a copy of
The Mikado Method
this week in the
Agile and other Processes
EJB and other Java EE Technologies
My first true Java EE App, some basic questions?
Joined: Jul 09, 2002
May 12, 2011 12:33:41
Warning... Enterprise Java Newbie:
Basic Application Components:
1) Core component would be a continuous data processor updating internal caches and using business logic to generate "events". These "events" are cached as well as persisted in a database.
2) Web Service to manipulate the processor configuration in real-time (without the processor code having to hit a config DB periodically)
3) Web Service or JMS Queue to serve up generated events to other subscribers
4) Web Client for reporting (cache contents/database) and configuration (calls the config web service)
I'm going to run this on Glassfish, using NetBeans 7.0.
My question resides primarily with item 1 and what it will be in a Java EE environment, running on Glassfish. Would it be a Singleton Session bean?
Joined: Apr 14, 2004
May 13, 2011 02:00:39
Sounds more like something that users the timer server. Is it important that only on instance of this processor exists?
I agree. Here's the link:
- if it wasn't for jprofiler, we would need to run our stuff on 16 servers instead of 3.
subject: My first true Java EE App, some basic questions?
Light-weight EJB 3 container
Which is the most suitable application server to prepare for SCDJWS?
Web service client problem
Java EE timer service and periodical jobs
Using Glassfish instead of Axis2 in Eclipse
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2013