This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
I plan to deploy the WAR files in separate webserver on a different machine. I am not sure if you will agree, but I plan to use the JBoss AS for the EJB files. The application is security sensitive and the requirement is to separate out the FE from the middle-ware.
I just wanted to make sure what it was that you were doing before i gave any advice. And before I start, let me say that I have not done this myself so there might be things that I overlook. Anyway, here is information that will help:
* The embedded JBoss Web is located at server/xxx/deploy/jbossweb.sar, remove that.
* You will want to remove the included WAR files:
- server/xxx/deploy/management (this directory holds the deprecated web-console)
* The WAR deployer is located at server/xxx/deployers/jbossweb.deployer
* You will also want to remove the web services deployer at server/xxx/deployers/jbossws.deployer
If, after removing the above, you get errors in startup, then it is a matter of finding the xml config file causing the error and correcting its settings. In other words, I suspect that there will be some settings in other config files that depend on the stuff that was removed, and you'll have to fix that up also.