NCsoft West is a division of Korean online game powerhouse NCsoft and holds operating responsibilities for North America, Europe, South America, and Australia/New Zealand. With its game development studios on the North American West Coast and professional publishing organization in Seattle, NCsoft West delivers some of the top MMO franchises to the gaming public, including City of Heroes®, Guild Wars®, the company’s flagship franchises, Lineage® and Lineage II, and the upcoming blockbuster, Aion™.
The Seattle headquarters houses some of the industry’s top publishing talent in a fast-paced, open-concept environment. Located in the heart of Seattle’s downtown, key organizations within the Seattle headquarters include executive management, sales, marketing, public relations, web and creative services, as well as operations, finance, and human resources.
We are seeking a highly motivated back-end developer with experience building high availability nTiered systems. The developer in this position will work with best-in-class technical and creative talent to drive innovation for NCsoft West’s network of game, studio, and corporate web sites. A successful ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience developing highly visible Java/J2EE based platforms in a team environment. Candidates should have a strong interest in developing and maintaining the platforms to serve the web sites for "triple-A" MMOs in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment with an uncompromising commitment to quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participate in architecting of game systems
· Implement software systems with attention to scalability, performance and security
· Collaborate with other teams to ensure successful development and deployment of features
· Provide ongoing support and improvement for developed features
· Review/buddy check code from other engineers
· Profile and optimize game systems
· Test and maintain code, ensuring that it is clean, easy to use, free of bugs, and reliable in the game
· Anticipate, identify and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions
· Focus on making the best possible game, which requires adaptation to changing requirements
· 5+ years of experience in Java/J2EE
· 5+ years Linux
· 3+ years Spring MVC
· 3+ years XML/XSD/XSLT/XPath
· Excellent analysis, debugging and problem solving skills
· Alfresco / other enterprise CMS
· FreeMarker Scripting
· ANT · MongoDB
· PHP /LAMP Stack
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position (or other opportunities with NCsoft's game development studios and publishing offices). Thanks!