This week's giveaway is in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum. We're giving away four copies of EJB 3 in Action and have Debu Panda, Reza Rahman, Ryan Cuprak, and Michael Remijan on-line! See this thread for details.
Has anybody tried to configure Netbeans 7 (or previous version) with Websphere application server 7.
So that it becomes possible to deploy and debug an enterprise application on Websphere from Netbeans.
Native support for management (start, stop), deploy, and debug of WebSphere 6.1.x and 7.0.x is only available in Rational Application Developer (RAD) and Rational Software Architect (RSA). This plug-in type IDE support for Eclipse, Netbeans is available for WAS 6.0.x and WAS Community Edition (Geronimo Flavor) only.
But here is how you can achieve similar things:
1. Use profile management tool (PMT) to create profiles.
2. Write an ANT script that provides functions to start, stop, and deploy the applications to WebSphere using WSADMIN Jython wrappers. Note that you don't have to use WSANT provided by IBM for calling any of the IBM WAS library functions.
3. Enable remote debugging in WebSphere under JVM properties. Note down the port # listed here.
4. Configure your Java project configuration with remote debugging port listed under WebSphere JVM.
5. Put a break-point in source code and start the WebSphere server. The IDE will catch it.
I have used above approach with Eclipse 3.x versions for both WebSphere 6.1.x and WebSphere 7.0.x.
Joined: Feb 04, 2010
Actually, I had to pause this task for a while because of some CR, urgently required
I'll go through those steps and update you later