File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Servlets and the fly likes About Session Management Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Servlets
Bookmark "About Session Management" Watch "About Session Management" New topic
Author

About Session Management

Murtaza Lokhandwala
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 28, 2010
Posts: 35
Please tell me how i compare randomly generated key inside session?
James Sabre
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Posts: 781

Murtaza Lokhandwala wrote:Please tell me how i compare randomly generated key inside session?

I don't understand. Can you elaborate on your requirement?


Retired horse trader.
 Note: double-underline links may be advertisements automatically added by this site and are probably not endorsed by me.
Murtaza Lokhandwala
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 28, 2010
Posts: 35
i want to generate a random key after login and put that key inside login session and pass that key from url to url for same browser when i pass that key with my complete url on different browser then the resultant page shows a message to relogin.I want that requirement for security reason.
Please Help me!
James Sabre
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 07, 2004
Posts: 781

Murtaza Lokhandwala wrote:i want to generate a random key after login and put that key inside login session and pass that key from url to url for same browser when i pass that key with my complete url on different browser then the resultant page shows a message to relogin.I want that requirement for security reason.
Please Help me!


I still don't really understand. You seem to want to duplicate the functionality you are already using for maintaining your session; in it's most simple form it is a random session ID handled as a Cookie. I can't see how just passing around another random value adds to the limited security you already have through the session Cookie.
Murtaza Lokhandwala
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 28, 2010
Posts: 35
James Sabre wrote:
Murtaza Lokhandwala wrote:i want to generate a random key after login and put that key inside login session and pass that key from url to url for same browser when i pass that key with my complete url on different browser then the resultant page shows a message to relogin.I want that requirement for security reason.
Please Help me!


I still don't really understand. You seem to want to duplicate the functionality you are already using for maintaining your session; in it's most simple form it is a random session ID handled as a Cookie. I can't see how just passing around another random value adds to the limited security you already have through the session Cookie.


Can you tell me about session generation for different browsers!
Wouter Oet
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Oct 25, 2008
Posts: 2700

I think that you need to read about how a session is maintained. Because the functionality that you're describing is already implemented.


"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand." --- Martin Fowler
Please correct my English.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: About Session Management