wood burning stoves
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes oracle  ePractice: SCJP Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Building Microservices this week in the Design forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "oracle  ePractice: SCJP" Watch "oracle  ePractice: SCJP" New topic
Author

oracle ePractice: SCJP

sanya hainan
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 09, 2011
Posts: 1
Hi all,
just wonder if anybody has tried out the mock exam from Oracle site,

ePractice: Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional Exam
please let me know, i was thinking to buy it....

many thanks in advance,
Rahul Sudip Bose
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 21, 2011
Posts: 637

sanya hainan wrote:Hi all,
just wonder if anybody has tried out the mock exam from Oracle site,

ePractice: Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional Exam
please let me know, i was thinking to buy it....

many thanks in advance,


No, i did not try it. But i suggest this : use the free exam-lab and ocp programmer practice exams book (by the much loved kathy and bert) , k&b book and CD. Thats a lot. There are some more tests here

And make your collections knowledge strong super strong. Thats what messed my score the most.

hth
Aashu Mahajan
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 27, 2011
Posts: 114

I tried sample test Question provided by oracle. This test is an online exam type and have same interface as real exam. The test has 70 Que and 70% passing mark but real exam has 60 Que and 61 passing mark.
when you register for OCJP6 you will get a voucher by mail after 4-5 day of registration that you can use to test sample question and analyze you result.
Hassan Khan
Greenhorn

Joined: May 25, 2011
Posts: 17

Hi Rahul,

Do you have the pdf version of "ocp programmer practice exams book "?


OCPJP 6
Ikpefua Jacob-Obinyan
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 31, 2010
Posts: 394

@Sanya Hainan, I have the oracle official mock exams and based on my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with the real exams...Its the CLOSEST -from my point of view- to the real exams, compared to all the others I have seen so far...The next are those of K & B....Followed by Ethunware and Examlab. The choice is yours.

Regards

Ikpefua


OCPJP 6.
In Your Pursuit Towards Certification, NEVER Give Up.
Rahul Sudip Bose
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 21, 2011
Posts: 637

Hassan Khan wrote:Hi Rahul,

Do you have the pdf version of "ocp programmer practice exams book "?


No, but the book can be purchased from bookstores. Here are some online stores : crossword & wiley.

Good luck.

Andreas Svenkson
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 17, 2011
Posts: 179
Aashu Mahajan wrote:I tried sample test Question provided by oracle. This test is an online exam type and have same interface as real exam. The test has 70 Que and 70% passing mark but real exam has 60 Que and 61 passing mark.
when you register for OCJP6 you will get a voucher by mail after 4-5 day of registration that you can use to test sample question and analyze you result.


I received this voucher yesterday, I had no idea it was an online test so wasn't planning on taking it. But if it's really online it should be very smooth, no trips involved etc, and a good practice for the real thing!

// Andreas
Bert Bates
author
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 14, 2002
Posts: 8898
    
    5
Hi Hassan,

I'm curious about your request for the .pdf version of a book. Were you hoping to find where you could buy a .pdf version, or were you hoping to "borrow" a copy? I speak for all authors when I say that it's very troubling to me when people talk about pirating (stealing) books. Authors spend hundreds of hours creating them, and no company involved in getting a book to a bookstore is making a huge profit along the way.

Bert


Spot false dilemmas now, ask me how!
(If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much room.)
 
Have you checked out Aspose?
 
subject: oracle ePractice: SCJP
 
It's not a secret anymore!