Hi! I was trying to use the Validator framework and had the validation.xml file as it is in the struts example. But when I ran the application, it always showed me a Servlet Action not found error. Then reading from some forums I removed all the comments in the validation.xml file and it started working perfectly.
That's a puzzler. I'm able to use this file exactly as it came from the download, comments and all. There may be some oddity in the XML parser used by your app server, or something may have been changed in the file to break the XML, and by removing the comments, you somehow fixed it. The important thing is you found a way to make it work.