So I am writing code to backup and restore some DB files. The code runs fine within Netbeans 7 but after packaging to a jar and running the same code it fails to stop the service and initiate the mysqldump command. I tried several modifications of the code and no change. Another set of eyes would be a great help on this. The first two sections of code are the button action and the SwingWorker. The third section works as a void or boolean within Netbeans just not outside it. I am thinking that this may be a Runtime exec issue but not sure. I tested from command line as well and it still fails to run the program jsut hangs there is no error or indication that it is going through the third section of code from task manager or any other monitoring tool.