And welcome to the Ranch!
Gaurav Verlekar wrote:
1) What kind of career progression is available for my profile after the certification ?
2)When will I receive the Certificate and can I start to use OCUP Symbol?
3) Is this Certification really useful for business analyst ?.
4) I am contemplating certification for UML System Modeler and OCUP Intermediate Level. Please let me know whether there would be any advantage for me in my current profile.
1) I am not convinced that a certificate is a direct step to a better career. It does help in interviews though.
2) I never received a certificate document. I received my score, and a link to download the symbol.
3) Yes, if you are going to use the UML. The certification does not test your analytic or design skills. It tests how well you know the UML language.
4) see answer to 1.
I did my ocup as a stepping stone for my SCEA ( Architects need to know uml) I knew nothing about UML but wanted the SCEA.
I decided that as long as I had to learn UML for the SCEA, I might as well know it well enough to pass the exam.
Certificates help you get interviews. (past the screen-ers) employers have usally asked me less technical questions on the assumption that I have already proven my knowledge in the exam.
what kind of career track? at least flipping burgers at McDontalds or making frapachino at starbucks..
It is a good stepping stone. You should have the knowledge, and having an independant 3rd party swearing you know something does help in a down economy.
Rememeber is is not what you know, but who you know that matters. I don't know anyone of importance, so I will spend my life grinding away at code