• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

When is a servletcontext destroyed?

 
Adam Zedan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 124
C++ Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I wanted to know under what circumstances is a servlet context destroyed ??
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 64620
86
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
When the web app is taken out of service.
 
Madangopal Venkatesan
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ideally, the ServletContext gets destroyed when the App server (Tomcat or JBoss) is shut down or sometimes even restarted.
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 64620
86
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Madangopal Venkatesan wrote:Ideally, the ServletContext gets destroyed when the App server (Tomcat or JBoss) is shut down or sometimes even restarted.

Well that will certainly cause all the applications within it to be taken out of service, but web applications can be taken out of service without having to shut down or restart the container itself.
 
Suhas Mandrawadkar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 72
Android Java Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bear Bibeault wrote:
Madangopal Venkatesan wrote:Ideally, the ServletContext gets destroyed when the App server (Tomcat or JBoss) is shut down or sometimes even restarted.

Well that will certainly cause all the applications within it to be taken out of service, but web applications can be taken out of service without having to shut down or restart the container itself.


True, But what about the scenario when the web app is deployed and yet not started to service requests ?
So I would say when web app is undeployed or the server goes down
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 64620
86
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Suhas Mandrawadkar wrote:True, But what about the scenario when the web app is deployed and yet not started to service requests ?

What about it? If there's no app, there's no context to worry about at all. There's no point to this observation.
 
Shyam Ramath
Greenhorn
Posts: 21
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bear Bibeault wrote:
Suhas Mandrawadkar wrote:True, But what about the scenario when the web app is deployed and yet not started to service requests ?

What about it? If there's no app, there's no context to worry about at all. There's no point to this observation.


Is there anyway to re-start the servlet container with out restarting the app server ?
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 64620
86
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Which app server?
 
Shyam Ramath
Greenhorn
Posts: 21
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bear Bibeault wrote:Which app server?

JBoss or Tomcat
 
Peter Johnson
author
Bartender
Posts: 5852
7
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I know of no way to restart the servlet container without restarting all of JBoss AS.
 
Shyam Ramath
Greenhorn
Posts: 21
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Peter Johnson wrote:I know of no way to restart the servlet container without restarting all of JBoss AS.

thanks Peter .
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic