I am here to answer your queries regarding SCJD 6 Training Lab. You may also asks questions regarding OCMJD certification.
Just to understand what is SCJD, i have consolidated below FAQ. Hope it will be useful for you.
What is OCMJD? Oracle offers variety of Java Certifications for all Java Editions (Java SE, Java EE and Java ME). Oracle Certified Master, Java SE 6 Developer (Formerly Sun Certified Java SE 6 Developer (SCJD 6)) certification tests Java programming experience.
What exam I need to pass to achieve OCM for Java SE 6 Certification? You need to complete 1Z0-855 Java Standard Edition 6 Developer Certified Master Downloadable Project (Step 1 of 2) and 1Z0-856 – Java Standard Edition 6 Developer Certified Master Essay Exam (Step 2 of 2) to achieve this certification.
What kind of knowledge I can achieve after completing this certification? Coding and design experience to develop Java Swing applications using Java SE APIs (Threading, Socket and RMI).
Do I need any prior certification to take this exam? Oracle Certified Professional, Java (SE 5 or SE 6) Programmer OR Sun Certified Java Programmer (any edition).
What are the benefits I can achieve after completing this exam?
• Clear evidence that a programmer understands the basic syntax and structure of the Java programming language and can create Java technology applications that run on server and desktop systems using Java SE 6.
• The certification empowers in driving Java Programming based on Java SE 6.0.
• SCJD/OCMJD certified programmers can easily design and develop the code based on Java SE 6.0.
• Being a SCJD/OCMJD certified programmer helps you to improve your career potential, gain more respect, and boost up your job security and opportunities.
• With SCJD/OCMJD certified programmer, you become more competitive in the job market.
What are the benefits my employer can achieve after completing this exam?
• Enables management to distinguish SCJD/OCMJD certified programmer as Java professionals who can develop quality code efficiently and effectively.
• Helps in deciding the best development APIs or Java Components based on latest Java SE APIs.
• More confidence to work on Java Code technical decisions with business partners.
• Enables project team to get best coding practices and guidance from a qualified Java Programmer.
Q2: What is Oracle Certified Master, Java SE6 Developer certification?
A2: Oracle's master level certifications require a candidate to show practical knowledge to design/develop an application from a business problem. This exam is totally different from other multiple choice exams. OCM for Java SE Developer exam requires you to develop an client-server application using core Java SE packages (includes Swing/AWT, Thread, Socket and RMI).
There are two (Step 1 and Step 2) exams you need to clear to achieve OCMJD certification.
Step 1: Complete an application code with required documentation (Design, Java Doc, User manual, developer manual, etc.,).
Step 2: Essay exam to justify your design and help the examiner in terms of reliability. For example, if you are NOT completely involved in developing this application; your answers may contradict with your design.
Q3: What kind of best practices i need to follow in my coding?
A3: You must follow Oracle's coding standards and guidelines. For example, number of lines of code, indentation, number of characters per line, etc.
Q4: How SCJD 6 Training Lab improve my knowledge to achieve OCMJD certification?
A4: SCJD 6 Training Lab is a software book that comes with the following features to ease up your study.
(i). Basic Sessions
Study notes provided for the following topics:
GUI Design and Coding
Networking Design and Coding
Database Design and Coding
(ii). Architecture Lab
Complete design (OO design, UML diagrams) and source code.
Run the application (from product)
(iii). Flash card exams to revise the topics
(iv). Sample essay questions and answers
Q5: Where do i get more info about OCMJD?
A5: JavaRanch is the best place to start. I am happy to say that my first Java certification (SCJP 1.2) was achieved with the help of JavaRanch.
JavaRanch speaks Java !
You just listen JavaRanch to get certified !