This week's giveaway is in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum. We're giving away four copies of EJB 3 in Action and have Debu Panda, Reza Rahman, Ryan Cuprak, and Michael Remijan on-line! See this thread for details.
I'm developing an open source component based web application framework called Context (http://www.contextfw.net) and currently it is at version 0.8.2. It is licenced under Apache Licence.
I'm in process of creating community around it and I would really appreciate, if you could try it and give opinions and comments. I'm personally really exited about it, because it has already proven to be an excellent web framework.
Main features are:
* System is built on top of Guice and Guice Servlet * Component based
* Stateful pages
* Server/client-communication is purely ajax-based.
* Uses XSL for templating
* Support for delayed request (comet/server push)
Other fancy features are:
* Embeddability: Context pages can be embedded to pages made with other
frameworks or to just raw HTML-files.
* Mockability: It is possible to mock server/client interaction
and create mock interfaces for quick prototyping, representing
new ideas or just simple cross-browser testing.
The newest version is just released, so it is recommended to download a pre made zip-file in downloads-section to begin a new project.
Your feedback would really help the project to evolve.