I and a team of 2 more android lovers have come up with a group expense management app called Group Expenses.
Group Expenses is a smart easy-to-use group expense management application which can be used at any place where a group is involved, be it a trip to Vegas, a simple dinner party or roommates trying to track down their monthly shared expenses. It eliminates all the paper work and makes life much simpler for the expense tracking guy so that he can stop worrying about the expenses and enjoy his vacation/trip/lunch etc..
* Create Events with as many transactions as you want, and add as many people as you want in a single transaction
* Pull your phone contacts into events, or add a new contact directly from the app
* Specify who paid(one or multiple), who used(one or multiple) and how much in a single transaction
* Send Reports via Email or SMS to the entire group from the app
* Save the template for recurring events
* Settle your balances on events with contacts and track your current status of settlements
* Get Event-wise and Contact-wise reports for all the transactions stored in the app
* Works perfectly on all size devices and in all orientations
We've often referred to JavaRanch for the issues and roadblocks we faced during the app development and hence feel proud to present results of our hard-work for your review and feedback.
OCP-Java 6 (100%),OCWCD-JavaEE 5
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com